Original topic:

Watch face with continuous updates

(Topic created: 06-21-2022 04:50 AM)
Members_smidge99
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am a former Garmin watch user. But, what I want from a Samsung watch 4 "face" is the ability for continuous heart rate and weather updates while AOD is set to on. Most faces I have found so far update after a set period or go into partial hibernation even though AOD is on, and you have to touch the screen to get any updates? Any watch face available that forces heart rate and weather updates continuously, even as the screen dims after 1 minute? Difficult to find one in Play Store.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

7 Replies
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
So, you want continous information, heat, and poor battery life. Even Samsung can't break the laws of physics, so they try to strike a balance, giving you high performance during exercising or manual measures, but dial it back throughout the day.

Can I add, since the Note 7, Samsung is strongly adverse to getting 'burned' by having a product with poor battery performance. (Pun intended)
0 Likes
Members_smidge99
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't think too much to ask from a premium watch! I have afib, and very important to have continuous heart rate data, even with AOD set to on. Don't mind that battery only lasts a day.

0 Likes
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
You CAN have continous heart rate monitoring NOW, but expecting the watch to continuously update ALL features is a bit much to expect, even from a premium watch IMHO.
0 Likes
Members_smidge99
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Correct about the "continous heart rate" option in the watch, but I can't find a watch face that displays it continuously - that is my issue right now. Just need a quick glance at an AOD watch face to check my rate. If any ideas for a watch face, please let me know. Thanks

0 Likes
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
Honestly, I don't think you will find an AOD that will update continuously as the design of an AOD is more that of a screensaver rather than a watch face. There are a few 'watchfaces' that will show you continous infomation, which means waking the watch to view them. With the gestures features, this is not too difficult. Or even ask the watch with Google Assistant and get a audio response via your Bluetooth audio device or the phone's speaker.
0 Likes
Members_smidge99
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks - if you know which ones "There are a few 'watchfaces' that will show you continuous information" please let me know as I have already purchased quite a few without any luck!

0 Likes
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
For the best results I think you should just access the heart rate watch screen on your phone or Watch4.
0 Likes