Original topic:

Watch is stuck when using water consumption widget

(Topic created: 03-28-2024 08:31 AM)
ThanasisLK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

After One UI update, on watch face "Digital Dashboard", if I select to have water consumption widget, the watch and the watch face becomes unresponsive. The screen blinks to the default 10:08 time with the watch face stuck, or sometimes only the time blinks as the watch is in "only watch" mode. The only way to fix it is to change to another watch face without water consumption from the wearable app.

Specs:

• Galaxy Watch 4
  • Watch face: Digital Dashboard with water consumption widget selected.
  • One UI version 5.0 / Wear OS 4.0
  • Software version: R870XXU1HXB7
  • ThanasisLK_0-1711640030315.png

7 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
I would suggest resetting the watch to factory setting and then restore it from the back up

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
ThanasisLK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm sorry but this is the worst suggestion. Reset the watch to factory settings, lose everything, and spend time restore the backup. Besides, I have it paired with OnePlus11 so the Smart Switch  app won't create any backup because Samsung is so legit manufacturer...

0 Likes
z5lar
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
It sounds like you're experiencing a specific issue with the Digital Dashboard watch face on your Galaxy Watch 4 after the One UI update, particularly when selecting the water consumption widget. This could indeed be a software problem, possibly related to compatibility issues or bugs introduced in the update.

Here are some steps you can take to try to resolve the issue:

1. Restart your Galaxy Watch 4: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary software glitches. Try restarting your watch to see if it resolves the unresponsive behavior.

2. Clear cache and data of the Wearable app: Go to the settings of your Galaxy Watch 4, navigate to the Apps section, find the Wearable app, and clear its cache and data. This can sometimes help to resolve issues with app settings or configurations.

3. Reset the watch face settings: If the problem persists, try resetting the settings of the Digital Dashboard watch face. You can usually do this by long-pressing on the watch face, selecting settings, and then finding an option to reset or restore defaults.

4. Check for software updates: Make sure that your Galaxy Watch 4 is running the latest software version. Sometimes, manufacturers release patches or updates to fix known issues and bugs.

5. Report the issue to Samsung: If none of the above steps resolve the problem, it's possible that the issue may require a software patch from Samsung. Consider reporting the issue to Samsung's support team or through the Galaxy Wearable app's feedback section. Providing detailed information about your device, software version, and the steps to reproduce the issue can help them investigate and address the problem more effectively.

6. Consider alternative watch faces: While waiting for a resolution, you may want to temporarily switch to a different watch face without the water consumption widget to avoid the unresponsive behavior.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's possible that the problem may require further investigation or assistance from Samsung's support team.
0 Likes
ThanasisLK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I already tried all the above, except I can't find any wearable app on the watch. The wearable app is installed on my OnePlus11 but uncaching this one won't fix the watch issue. I am now using the a different watch face or the same without the water widget.

Thanks for the reply though.

0 Likes
z5lar
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Your welcome, I hope everything is all good!
0 Likes
pedrogamadm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same problem here, I noticed a difference in the colors too, as if the hdr had been deactivated, the gray is more whitish. When you posted this? I wanted to know the date 

0 Likes
z5lar
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Have your tried force connecting from your phone?
0 Likes