cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Watch no longer tracks steps or heart rate

Since installing the latest update, my watch no longer tracks heart rate or steps.  i have reset, rebooted and checked for any further updates to no avail.  At this point, what are the choices.  Did Samsung introduce a bug along with the updates and has not announced the date of an expected fix?

i am very reluctant to purchase a new galaxy watch 3 if the software is so poorly managed.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Watch no longer tracks steps or heart rate

Same problem. I did all as you, even tried topair it with a different phone, but no change.

B/W, did Samsung ever announced a bug in an update and date of an expected fix? I have second Samsung smart watches so I am I feel to be an expert on bugs in their updates and never seen any announcement like this.  

And I am not reluctant to purchase a new GW, I am sure I will buy something different.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same here any idea when they will solve

Highlighted
Asteroid

I spoke to customer servie and they said they could lrepair the watch for $115.00 +.  I asked what needed to be fixed and they said they would replace the software or parts on the watch.  They could not explain what replacing the software would do and would not acknowledge any bugs in the recent updates.   I explained that I would be buying a more reliable product from another company.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Sudenly started to work. Just steps and heart rate measure. Floors climb, barometer and altimeter still doesnt work. 

No evidence an update would be installed.

Not sure whether it has any  connection. But ... I connected pods (not Samsung :-) ) to the phone which is paired with GW. Sitting, listening, writing some emails... Just seen on GW display the music icon blinking on bottom of the display  and realised some 10 steps being counted. I tried to measure the heart rate and it worked.  Its working since then. 

Funny is that an hour before this happened I bought new watch ... seen a special offer for Polar. So ... 

Samsung friendly karma or what??? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hello, I have the exact same problem since the last update. The thing to do is to wait for the release of a new update. In any case, it's a shame that Samsung isn't more responsive.

Highlighted
Asteroid

It is amazing, the watch started tracking my steps and heart rate mid day toay.  I have taken no actions in the last two weeks other than to wait and see.  This is the second time it has stopped and restarted over the last 6 weeks.

I cannot depend on a watch that is so inconsistent and am going to buy a new watch on black friday.  But not a Samsung watch.