cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: Watch overheating after software update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing.  Just using a radio app on 4G overheats the phone.  I can only talk for a couple of minutes with 4G on.  If I turn it off, it won't overheat as quickly.  Reboots to kill apps does nothing.  I do have a warranty on my Credit card so even though t-mobile wont allow a return, the Credit Card will fully refund me, but it isn't my first option.

Samsung, you are an awesome company and I have purchased many things from you, but you should fully test your products before release.

I also beleive you should do something to compensate those of us who have this issue, like a significant price cut on the next version, assuming it works.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My watch is also overheating after updating.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only solution I found was take it back and get a Apple Watch as Samsung have no fix. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hi there.  I had the same situation.

my gear is  galaxy watch lte version. 

When I went jogging and connected the watch to play music with my bluetooth earphones, the overheating notice popped up.  

may I know if there is any solution to this matter? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for reaching out for assistance.

Can you please send us a private message with the below information here:  http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2
Serial Number:
Model Number:
LTE or Bluetooth:
Baseband version:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has this issue been fixed?  Inhave an active watch that just updated and is now overheating and not charging.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userJkXgHE8ioh I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and serial number/IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I just bought my active 2 watch about 3 weeks ago & I did the update and now it is overheating. What can I do to fix the problem. 

Thanks 

Rachel 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is happening to me too. I've had my active2 watch 2 weeks. Randomly overheats even while resting or doing nothing.  Keeps coming up with the message then shuts the device off.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem.  Super frustrating!