Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user1CtxbFVCQo
Constellation

Watch overheating after software update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!

I updated my watch software when prompted yesterday.  My watch then overheated and turned off 3 times yesterday.   It was on my wrist--I wasn't using it.  Today the battery drained from being 100% at 6am to 15% at 10am with minimal usage.  

I bought a watch in January and had to exchange it in February because it overheated several times in the first few weeks.  The new watch overheated a couple times over the past 4 months but seemed to be doing well until the update. 

Anybody else having this issue?  What's the exchange policy?  Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Watch overheating after software update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, 

Thank you so much for reaching out for assistance.

Can you please send us a private message with the below information here:  http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Serial Number:
Model Number:
LTE or Bluetooth:
Baseband version:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

13 REPLIES 13
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, 

Can you please send us a private message with the below information here:  http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Serial Number:
Model Number:
LTE or Bluetooth:
Baseband version:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userng2EYJmgoN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having exactly this issue, this is very frustrating

userfk8rn0Zwj7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me too

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userfk8rn0Zwj7 and @ userng2EYJmgoN

Can you please send us a private message with the below information here:  http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2
Serial Number:
Model Number:
LTE or Bluetooth:
Baseband version:

user9axEGdJHhP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They overheat because the cell signal is weak. Major fault that Samsung won’t fix.

InfiniteBeing
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

me too

useruQdGLCViqr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dittos, ridiculous!

userLj3jBqPiRk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is doing the same thing now. I factory reset mine this evening (so very disappointed because I lost all of my watch faces and can't get them back) and it did not fix the issues.

For $300, this shouldn't be happening after just 4 months. I'm disgusted.

useryeYjXGcYGs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing.  Just using a radio app on 4G overheats the phone.  I can only talk for a couple of minutes with 4G on.  If I turn it off, it won't overheat as quickly.  Reboots to kill apps does nothing.  I do have a warranty on my Credit card so even though t-mobile wont allow a return, the Credit Card will fully refund me, but it isn't my first option.

Samsung, you are an awesome company and I have purchased many things from you, but you should fully test your products before release.

I also beleive you should do something to compensate those of us who have this issue, like a significant price cut on the next version, assuming it works.