Original topic:

Watch plug-ins not compatible with phones

(Topic created: 01-03-2024 11:06 PM)
itskaykat
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Did someone in the appdev team click the wrong button for what devices get access to watch plug-ins? Have a watch5 and S23 Ultra. I checked the other plug-ins that you can see in the play store and they seem to have the same issue. 

Please correct this issue.
6 Replies
Ito_713
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
how to register your Samsung products?
0 Likes
Ito_713
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
i got a watch Samsung 6 and all they gave me was a wire with a type c on both ends? and the charger that was in the box that you put your watch on is a type c at the end, instead of a USB..i called T-Mobile and they said that it plugs into my watch..im like ???🤔 theres no spot on my watch 6 to plug it into. They said i was supposed to get a Charger that im paying for now that i never got, a $40 plug?? WOW ill be by a T-Mobile tomorrow since T-Mobile customer service doesnt even understand..smh
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Ito_713 When you open the Watch 6 box, there is a thin long box inside. Inside that long thin box is a charging puck which has USB C cable permanently attached. This may be stuck in the lid of the box. If you didn't get this from T-Mobile then I would return the watch. 

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Watch

@itskaykat First of all there really isn't any need to search out the watch plug-ins. 

Go to the Galaxy Store and install the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone. Now when you connect your watch to the phone, the wearable app will download and install any plug-ins needed. For your watch, the Wearable app will download the Galaxy Watch 5 Manager. 

You can always check to see if you have the latest installed by 

1. Opening the Wearable app
  2. Ensure that your watch is connected and showing
  3. Click the hamburger (3 line menu)
  4. Click the gear icon
  5. Click About Galaxy Wearable
  6. Here it will show you the versions of the Galaxy Wearable app and Galaxy Watch 5 Manager. It will let you know if there are updates for either.  
0 Likes
itskaykat
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
The issue is that it won't open there. There is no update or things to install. All the wearable app does is spin and drain my battery when you try to connect to the watch.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Watch
0 Likes