Original topic:

Watch rings phone doesn't

(Topic created: 12-01-2022 05:16 PM)
dte230
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I went from a Galaxy watch to a GALAXY watch 5. When a call came in on the galaxy both my phone and watch would ring.  On the watch 5  when a call comes in only the watch rings. it takes time to find anything and everything. Any recommendations appreciated. I've checked and rechecked settings, thanks in advance
6 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
Not sure what the actual problem is here; the same thing happens at times with my Galaxy Watch3 & S22 Ultra. It wasn't a thing that happened at all when I had my S10+.
dte230
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I really like the 5 but that may be a problem because it rings it all the time with mine. I kept my galaxy watch, maybe I'll stick with that and return the 5. thanks
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with your phone not ringing when a calls comes in and only ringing on the watch. For clarity, does the watch emit a ringtone while it is connected to the phone? On the watch itself, try heading to Settings > Notifications > Mute notifications on phone, and toggle this option off to see if this helps. Also, on the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone, head to Watch Settings > Notifications > Sync Do Not Disturb With Phone, and toggle this option off, if applicable. If you use Bedtime Mode or Theatre Mode on the watch, try disabling these features via Settings > Advanced Features, as they will also mute incoming calls.

Is your watch Bluetooth or LTE? If you watch is LTE does your watch have a separate number or are you using a feature that makes the watch and phone have the same number with your carrier?

0 Likes
dte230
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks to watch five is both Bluetooth and LTE. I'll go back and take your recommendations on the settings and see if that helps. It's just level after level of stuff that is not very clear to find but I'm sure I'll figure it out thank you
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for following up. I just wanted to follow up and see if any of the troubleshooting steps resolved the symptoms you are experiencing? 

Also since you watch is LTE, is it synced with your phone number or does your watch have a separate number?

0 Likes
dte230
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's linked to my phone number I have not gotten a second number for it yet my carrier doesn't provide that as of yet. Yeah I checked all the settings and it shouldn't be anything from keeping it to ring properly I'll just play around with it. The good and the bad about the watch5 is that it's a really nice watch and doesn't awful lot of things it would be nice to have a little bit better documentation although I downloaded the PDF guide and it helps somewhat. Thanks for the follow-up
0 Likes