Original topic:

Watch started smoking and burnt me

(Topic created: 06-16-2021 04:54 PM)
userGErJB9qnvr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have had my watch about 15 months. I have the galaxy watch rose gold today it started to burn me took it off it was smoking.  It said it over heated.  It turned off. Then later shut off heart rate Monitor and put it back on. Within  minutes it started burning and smoking again. So painful. Help!  I would hate to have to buy a new one

0 Likes
3 Replies
poky3210
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's out of warranty but I would talk to someone at Samsung and tell them nicely that they should replace it. If they give you a hard time I would tell them that you have a friend that's an attorney that would love to take the case free of charge and they'll probably give you a hard time again, then it's time to find an attorney and have him right a letter to them stating what happened and see what happens then
0 Likes
poky3210
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I would take a video of the watch smoking and saying it's over heating and send it to them
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello there!

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm so sorry you are having to experience this. I would like to forward your case to our specialized team so they can reach out directly and assist your further. Could you please provide me with the following information to do so in a private message? http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

Full Name:
Complete Physical Address:
Contact Phone Number:
Email Address:

Full Model Code:

Serial Number:

Photos of Symptom:

When did you start using the wearable?
Were there any pop-up messages?
What mode was being used (Wi-Fi/LTE/GPS)?
How do you typically use the device?
a. Do you wear it while sleeping?
b. Do you wear the device while exercising?
c. Do you wear the strap tight or loose?
Was the OEM/original accessory (i.e. charger) used?
Have you washed the band recently? If yes, with what substance/product?
Were you wearing any creams, perfumes, or ointments under the wearable?