Original topic:

Watch vibrate/notify when Heart Rate goes above threshold on a run

(Topic created: 05-08-2022 07:47 AM)
jbigs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've been running recently and I love my Galaxy Watch 4. I've been trying hard to not overdo it and to stay in aerobic exercise. This require a lot of stop and go for me initially, as I'm prone to a fast heart beat and it's easy to get my heart beating very fast. I feel like I'm constantly looking down at my watch to check my heartbeat. 

Is there an app or setting that will tell me through my headphones or vibrate when my heart rate goes above a certain target? This way I'll know when to slow down without having to constantly check my watch. 
0 Likes
3 Replies
SteadyStatus21
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hey @jbigs!
Yes, you can have the watch notify you, however there will be more power consumption because the heart rate had to be constantly monitored. To enable this feature, go to the Galaxy Wearable app, then open watch settings, then open Samsung Health settings, open "Heart Rate" (the first option) and you can enable and disable alerts for high and low bpm measurements.

Hope this helps 🙂
-SteadyStatus21 Screenshot_20220508-112001_Samsung Health.jpg
0 Likes
jbigs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hi SteadyStatus21. Unfortunately, it appears that this alert is only for resting heart rate. The disclaimer says "Alerts show after 10 minutes at rest above or below the levels you set". My request is for an alert to trigger during a workout, immediately when you cross the threshold.
0 Likes
SteadyStatus21
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Ah, I see what you mean. As far as I know, there is only the feature that I mentioned above currently. Sorry about the confusion.

-SteadyStatus21
0 Likes