Original topic:

Watch4 SOS and Fall detection issues

(Topic created: 05-16-2022 03:40 PM)
Members_FRBYFNP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just purchased the Watch4.  I was very interested in making calls directly from the watch and the SOS/Fall detection features since my wife has some mobility issues after breaking her femur.

It seems that activating SOS by pressing the Heme key 3 times works sporadically and I have yet failed in getting the Fall detection to work.  I'm confident I followed all of the instructions for setup and I've restarted my phone per the on-line Samsumg support rep.  They were unable to offer any other assistance and wanted me to mail in the watch for them to troubleshoot and repair.  That would take around 3 weeks. I'd rather return or exchange the watch through Amazon.

Before deciding if I should try another Watch4 I'd like to know if anyone has been able to confirm the fall detection works?  I fell very hard onto my bed several times and that didn't work.  Has anyone else had issues with using the Home key for SOS.

3 Replies
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

fall detection is... something that no one wants to test and check if it works lol... I've tried to "fall" on my bed and see if it worked when Watch4 first rolled out, it worked back then but I haven't checked since. I don't know what the circumstances the watch looks for when it 'detects' a fall...

You could Reproduce issue then report to Wearable app > menu > contact us > error report. This sends the watch's activity log to the samsung engineers so you shouldn't have to send in the watch.

0 Likes
userVlI4cCaZqq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I took several hard falls thinking the watch would alert my contacts but it doesn't even detect the falls I mean how hard does one have to fall
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

i think you have to stay still for certain amount of time after the hard fall for the watch to detect the fall

0 Likes