Original topic:

Watch5 LTE Notifications in Standalone Mode

(Topic created: 11-12-2022 06:49 AM)
IamTrentius
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi everyone,

My watch is activated through Verizon for LTE service, and connected to a companion phone (Galaxy Note8). My intention is to use the watch as a standalone device throughout the day, which I have done for a few weeks. There is very little information online about standalone mode, and I would like to contribute some observations and some questions.

As a watch, when connected to my phone via remote connection, I receive my notifications most of the time, for any notifications I have specified I want to receive. However, this reduces the battery life significantly as it maintains an active connection throughout the day. I have also noticed it sometimes drops the remote connection, which is annoying if you rely on those notifications. The watch also seems to get confused about which phone number to use for calls and texts, which is confusing for anyone receiving my messages unless they have both my phone and watch number.

As a complete standalone mode, it has many advantages - I can use it for phone calls, text, and several useful apps which provide utility through the day, and it all comes from one phone number. Since the remote connection is disabled, it has excellent battery life (approximately 24 hours for my use case). I have noticed that as long as I am using Samsung apps I will still receive notifications for them. If I use Samsung's messages app I receive SMS notifications, but if I switch to Google's onboard messages app, I do not receive notifications. I also receive notifications when using Samsung reminders and alarm clock, for example.

My question is is there a way to push notifications for watch apps even when it is in standalone mode? It is the only major drawback to the watch as I don't know when I am receiving messages through other apps.

1 Reply
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand the importance of getting notifications from apps while in LTE mode. In order to provide you with the best possible answer, can you please advise if you are using the following Verizon program with your watch: https://www.verizon.com/solutions-and-services/numbershare/

0 Likes