Original topic:

Wearables support

(Topic created: 08-12-2021 03:33 PM)
SamusAran30
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Are the Galaxy Watch 3, Galaxy Watch 2 Active, and the Galaxy Watch going to be getting anymore updates or any new features? Since the release of the new Galaxy Watch 4 and the Galaxy Watch 4 classic are out it seems that only with time all older devices become obsolete. I don't want to have to constantly upgrade my devices every year or every 2 years. 
4 Replies
KMP21
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Word on the webs say Samsung says at least 3 years. It's wait & see with Watch3, really.
0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Generally our devices get 2-3 major updates before they will no longer receive major updates. They do still receive security updates past this timeframe as they become available. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Rose4uKY
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

So the Active 2 will it get 3 years as of now or 3 years from when it came out? Someone told me it only would get 1 more year of updates. Not that it matters I am upgrading anyway for  Wear OS and other reasons. I also would like to know is it like starting all over when you get the new watch since it's Wear OS with UI will I not be able to restore my A2 settings and watch faces. Will I have to get all new ones?

0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Our devices generally get 2-3 major updates from the date of release. However, we are unable to speculate on the release of future updates so I cannot guarantee whether a specific device will in-fact be receiving another major update. 

As for the transferring of your watch faces, as long as they are compatible with the new software version they will be able to transfer. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.