Original topic:

Weather app on galaxy watch

(Topic created on: 2/8/21 10:32 AM)
jmcintyre
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off notifixAtoons or to delete the weather app from the galaxy watch active. Recently it send me multiple notifications, like 10-12, thoughout the day when it used to send only 2. I am tired of the constant buzzing on my arm from this app. I would appreciate any help. 
0 Likes
12 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@jmcintyre 

To remove it:

1. Open the Galaxy Wearable app
  2. Ensure the watch is selected in the 3 line menu
  3. Click Apps
  4. Click Manage apps near the bottom of the screen
  5. Click the minus sign to the left of the Weather app.
0 Likes
jmcintyre
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
thank you
0 Likes
jmcintyre
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
So that removed my weather app from my watch, however I am still receiving the weather notifications on my watch..
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Is the weather app the one pre-loaded on your phone?

Do you still have the app on your phone that you are experiencing these symptoms with?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
jmcintyre
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
It is the weather app that is preloaded on the watch.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Have you tried turning off the notifications for the app from within the Galaxy wearables app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
jmcintyre
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
There is not an option I can find to turn off notifications for the weather app.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can you please provide me with a picture of the notification you are receiving on your watch?

0 Likes
jmcintyre
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
in answer to your earlier question, I found out it is connected to the weather samsung weather app pre-loaded on the phone. I found the notifications section for the app and turned it off for my watch but I am still getting notifications. I'll get you screenshots.
0 Likes