cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Weather refuses to update on Watch

Same issue here.  I recently updated from Android 7 to Android 8.  Suddenly my weather app won't refresh except when on wifi or when restarted.  If I try to refresh it any other time, I just get the endless spinning icon.  Very frustrated by this issue and for being ghosted by Samsung regarding it.

Just for clarity - I've tried erasing the cache of the watch app, erasing the data of the watch app, reinstalling the watch app, factory resetting the watch, and factory resetting the phone.

First Samsung chat rep:  Seemed to jump to the conclusion that I was talking about a different issue.  Told me it was already being worked on and an email would be sent within 24-72 hours to notify me of the release of the patch.  Never got any response.

Second Samsung chat rep:  Told me that all he could do was escalate the ticket to the development team.  He had no way to give me any verification that it was something they would even try to fix, so we'll just have to cross our fingers that they care.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Weather refuses to update on Watch

Having the same issue.  My weather used to update then it just stopped.  The only time it updates now is if I go into the wearable app on my phone, select weather then settings. Then I have to select current location, turn off the agree and turn it back on.  

I don't understand it - it worked perfectly before.