cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Weather refuses to update on Watch

I just got a Galaxy Active2 watch & I just can't get the weather to update short of restarting my phone.

I have the weather app on my phone set to refresh every hour & it updates on my phone but does not update on my watch.  Bizarrely, when i tap the update icon on the watch that causes the app on my phone to get the latest weather but my watch never updates.

This is very frustrating!

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Weather refuses to update on Watch

Yes. I have the exact same issue. Update this Samsung.... 

Highlighted
Constellation

I just got an Android update on my phone (Android 9.0 - "Pie") and now the weather updates properly!

So I'm guessing the watch software was written for that version of Android and did not function correctly with the earlier version.

Highlighted
Astronaut

This is frustrating.

My Active 2 updates the weather widget if I restart the watch. Then nothing. No updates until I restart the watch again. And I still have an S7 on Android 8 - so no Pie.

Fix this Samsung!

The watch obviously can sync with the phone - it does it when it restarts.

I see a lot has been written about this recently in other places - so it's happening with a lot of people. FIX THIS SAMSUNG!

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue.  For a while it was updating regularly,  now it only updates randomly 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same issue here ... Active 2 connected with Samsung S7 ... @samsung: I would appreciate a solution.  

Highlighted
Asteroid

Brand new Active 2 connected to a Galaxy S7.  All software up to date. The watch weather app does not update when connected to my phone through bluetooth.  I go to the weather app click, scroll down to the bottom where it shows the last updated time.  I click the refresh button and it spins and spins then times out and the data and time does not change.  I turn off my phone's bluetooth, let my watch connect to WIFI and again click the refesh button and the data and time updates.  

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same issue.  When I tap the refresh icon it just spins as well.  When I disconnect from the bluetooth, the watch will actually send me a notification about the weather, but sometimes that weather update is from several hours before.  I have a password on my phone and watch (did not want to but my work email forced me), so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have been fighting this for several months and Samsung doesn't seem to believe us.  I have visited several threads and all they can come up with is reset cache.  I think it is time to take the watch back and get something that works.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Its almost as if a software engineer is holding out on this one, in the name of battery life. But this is exactly why I have the 46mm which has a larger battery life than the Galaxy Watch Active 2. SAMSUNG PLEASE HERE ME I AM A GALAXY FOLD CUSTOMER(THE LARGE SCREEN IS SO AWESOME) MY WEATHER DOES NOT UPDATE ON MY WATCH FACE, MY WATCH HAS CONNE TIVITY WITH WIFI(AUTOMATIC), 4G(CELL) AND BLUETOOTH ALSO ON AND IT STILL DOES NOT UPDATE.