cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

When will Active watch 3 have all its features?

Hello,

I grew up taught several thing, but especially:  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

I would love to have a Samsung watch, but I got fooled already by Samsung with the Active 2 watch.  I am waiting to buy until all Active 3 features work.

Any idea when all Active 3 features will work?  Blood pressure, falling down, ECG, O2, LTE, etc?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Sun

Re: When will Active watch 3 have all its features?

There is no Active 3 as of now Only Galaxy Watch 3, but Fall detection, ECG and O2 are available. Honestly Blood pressure readings are not as accurate on the wrist even with medical grade wrist devices. Most accurate is Arterial from a line directly in artery second doing a manual reading using a manual cuff and lastly using electronic BP cuff on Bicep.
Highlighted

Re: Re: When will Active watch 3 have all its features?

Thank you for the correction on Active 3 vs Galaxy 3.

My doctor uses a wrist BP monitor by default. I own an Omron BP monitor, which I have them use instead (during an home visit).

Is there a difference between the Active and Galaxy line?

So, the Galaxy 3 watch is complete?
Highlighted
Sun

The Active is more an sporty activity watch. The Galaxy watch 3 is more refined to look like a Seiko or nice Timex but with smart functions. The Galaxy 3 watch lacks BP function. Its still needs some refining but yes to me all the functions I want.
Highlighted

Re: Re: When will Active watch 3 have all its features?

I used to own the Active 2 watch. My husbear has the 46mm watch and I like both of them.

Maybe I'll wait to see if Samsung does an Active 3, too.
Highlighted
Sun

I had an Original Active until I traded it in for the Watch 3. So far so good! I'm sure in a few more years smart watches will be Great!!
Highlighted

Thank you for your experience and I'm glad the Galaxy watch 3 is working out for you.

I just finished reading a review and realize the watch 3 just isn't ready for me.  The review pointed out how the watch has some inaccuracy issues (location, HR), as we'll as, the BP is not yet FDA approved.  Given the time it took to get the ECG working, I'll wait.

As you say in a few or several years the watch will be great.  I'm waiting for the great version.  I just hope I'm not committed to another brand by then. After all in marketing it costs more to move someone from another brand than it is to be the first to get them on board from the beginning.

Highlighted

Hello,

A person contacted me saying I should look at the benefits and specs of the Galaxy watch 3.  I did and it turns out the ECG and BP we all believe is coming is not a benefit or spec for the watch.

I am providing this link, which is to a Samsung Galaxy watch 3 LTE model:

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/wearables/smartwatches/galaxy-watch3-45mm-mystic-black-lte-sm-r845...

it doesn't show any specs or benefit for ECG or BP or the other health items not found in the 46mm Galaxy watch.  It seems Samsung is NOT releasing per their own documentation BP or ECG ever.  If they were the page would say BP and ECG coming and then talk about it.

Now I have ZERO idea why anyone thinks the Galaxy watch will have ECG or BP becuase its not in the benefits or specs section.