Original topic:

Where does Smart Switch store the backup of the watch on the phone?

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
GalaxyWolf1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Have a Galaxy S22 Ultra phone and a Galaxy Watch 5 Pro.

What I would like to know is this:
Where does Smart Switch store the backup of the watch on the phone? 
I know "backup data" store the badic settings in cloud, but when doing the full backup all tells me it is "stored on phone". And have NOT been able to find a backup anywhere. Is it in one of those "hidden folders" later versions of Androud like to use? 
Anyone know? 

Thanks. 

0 Likes
6 Replies
notforhire
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
since this is Wear OS, I imagine the backup is stored with Google. I've restored 2 watches (a 4 and 5) through the Wear app, and the backups are uploaded to the cloud. Smart Switch would only deal with the Wear app settings. (I might be wrong, but don't think so)
0 Likes
GalaxyWolf1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
it mention watch facrs as well. the google cloud only deals with settings not actual items. found out hard waty first time reset watch and only had the cloud backup, couldnt figure out why nothing came back after restore. gor all bac and tried the smart switch and cloud, ghad to reset/restore again and after restore of smart switch, actually had all items bac.
0 Likes
notforhire
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
I just checked my set up. Cloud back up is with Samsung. There is a Smart Switch option with your phone (for your watch). I've saved my bacon a couple of times restoring a watch from a cloud backup. I highly recommend.
0 Likes
GalaxyWolf1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
smart switch restored all things for me, NOT the Samsung cloud backup all it stores are settings only. Smart Switch store everything including settings.
notforhire
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
that's excellent! I got everything restored for me from the cloud...not just settings. I think the combination of the Samsung and Google Accounts likely covers everything.
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
I wonder this also because Samsung cloud doesn't work for me when backing up my watch, the cloud worked great on my Watch 3 but 4 and up, nothing
0 Likes