Original topic:

Where is the BP feature on the Active 2 and the Galaxy Watch 3?

(Topic created: 04-06-2022 06:41 AM)
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch

Where is the BP in the Active 2 and the Watch 3 Samsung???

I think it's time for you to do things right.
10 Replies
user734264fo532
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
If in the US, Blood Pressure has to be approved by the FDA ... ask them the status
https://www.fda.gov/
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
the only problem I see is Samsung has a continued history of claiming the feature will come at a later date when they release the watch, but rarely do they ever follow through and get it approved and released.
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Exactly
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Samsung as a company first exposes its article and others and based on that it should have had a response that should have included the delay time or if it could not be enabled.
It is not my job to ask the FDA, my right is to ask the company who sold me the watch knowingly lied.
notforhire
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
Once Samsung/Google announced the move to Wear OS, I just immediately assumed that all previous (Tizen) watch owners were **bleep**. Especially those who purchased the GW3.
notforhire
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch

the word that was censored was **bleep**

notforhire
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
scr. ew. ed.
0 Likes
Jeffc73OC
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Exactly, Samsung should be responding here and whenever I see responses from their so-called moderators or official ambassadors they never have any official word it's just like well stay tuned it's coming soon. It's like you asked them when an updates coming because it's been way too long and it's been pushed out for like other carriers except for one and you're like when is it coming and they're like oh we have no timeline and then it shows up the next day like really you didn't know it was going to come out tomorrow I would assume that almost everybody has a timeline of when an update comes out and the status of it and someone in these forums who works for Samsung would be able to at least say hey it's scheduled to come out this month or this week maybe not the exact day I get that cuz something could cause a delay real quick last minute but to not know at all I highly doubt that no one is in the loop.
Jeffc73OC
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've seen other "smart" watches get BP approval already here in the US and I know technically you can use the BP Lab app but they have been saying the BP feature, which clearly the watch can do, will come to the Active 2 and newer watches soon and that's been like 3 plus years and some of these other smart watches that got approval were released way after these watches and got approval within like a year. I mean if it works and it's accurate within a specific range which I'm sure that's what they are looking for and it shouldn't be the hard to get approval. They showed it worked in South Korea and I'm sure they've got pretty strict regulations there too especially coming to the accuracy of the measurements. I think Samsung just hasn't followed through and stop pushing for it which is kind of false advertisement because these watches should have been updated by now to have blood pressure monitoring with the native Samsung health app like they promised. Considering how many medications get approved quickly that don't have 100% accuracy or proven track record shouldn't be that hard to get a watch approved. Plus worst case they can always say that even though we approve it and it's fairly accurate it's still better to go see your doctor if your blood pressure is extremely high or low and use the watch as more of a general maintenance of keeping track of your blood pressure and to go see the doctor when it's out of control like any other medical device would be.