cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Why does DnD disable Wake Up Gesture?

Why does Samsung allow the Wake Up Gesture to be disabled on Do Not Disturb? Because I choose not to receive notifications during certain parts of the day & night certainly doesn't mean I don't need to use the watch for time telling. Is there any work around the disabling of this feature, or plans for a change in the future?? It's very frustrating to lose this feature when I choose not to receive notifications for certain times. 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Why does DnD disable Wake Up Gesture?

Thank you for reaching out. When you have DnD turned on you are telling the devices that you do not want to be disturbed. The watch should still be telling the time. You would just need to press the button to turn on the screen.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes, I understand that the DnD means I do not want to be disturbed by certain notifications. However, I still want to be able to use the Wake Up gesture to tell the time. Having to touch the watch to wake it up means using two hands, and I'm  not always in a position to do that (like when holding a baby for example). It would be nice to be able to use the wake up gesture in DnD mode. It's frustrating that I can't. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We certainly appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted

It would be good if also the DnD mode would work as described in the user's manual (with the different levels of disabling Alarms, AOD and WakeUpGesture):

• Do not disturb: Set the Galaxy Watch not to vibrate when receiving calls or notifications except for alarms.
Theatre mode: Activate theatre mode for watching movies. The screen will remain off, the sound will be muted, and the wake-up gesture feature and watch always on feature will be deactivated automatically.
Goodnight mode: Activate goodnight mode for sleeping. All sounds, except for the touch sounds and alarms, will be muted and the wake-up gesture feature and watch always on feature will be deactivated automatically.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Disabling the ability to use the watch as a watch with DND turned on basically makes this device useless. Having to touch it isn't a solution as there are times when you can't use two hands. That's why there is a wake up gesture.

DND should disable all notifications, sounds, vibrations, etc. The basic functionality of it being a watch should not be disabled.

Might as well power it down, it's just as usefull then.

Get this fixed. Might as well go back to an ordinary watch with the way this is functioning.

Highlighted
Constellation

Yeah, i dont understand this either. When i dont want to be disturbed i still want to check the time by raising my wrist... Very strange. Samsung should change this.

Highlighted
Halo

Just a thought here, have you ever thought of enabling the "Always On" feature?  Yes, it used just a tad more battery, but I believe you'll need to make somewhat of an executive decision here, which is more important, seeing what time it is all the time, or having to charge your watch 15 minutes sooner over the course of a day.  Why trash a watch for one feature that can be worked around?