Original topic:

Why isn't there anyone being more honest about this watch?

(Topic created: 11-30-2021 05:16 PM)
Samsung_pZS7xOz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the original Galaxy watch (that I use with my Galaxy Note 10 phone) and have been really excited to "upgrade" for the past couple of years. I never pulled the trigger on Galaxy 3 or sport because they just didn't offer any real upgrades for what I was looking for. Along comes the GW4 Classic. Advertised to be better in everyway, and if you listen to literally every YouTuber, its the best android smartwatch on the market. I finally bought one and everyday I keep thinking, "what criteria are these YouTubers basing their positive reviews of this watch on??!" This has been an absolute Downgrade from my Galaxy watch. Its not without its positives; google maps, higher resolution, more storage, better rotating bezel,...I think that might be it. It has a better processor but it is Not faster than the galaxy. People are claiming Bixby is so much better, so I tried it. It still doesn't work well. You need to download an app, and then download a "capsule" (whatever the **bleep** that is) for it to work. Why not just have all the programing in the initial download?? According to all my apps and accounts, I have the Spotify capsule installed, but when I try to use Bixby to play Spotify, it says the capsule isn't available yet?? How are there YouTubers and blog reviews saying specifically that you can use Bixby to play Spotify? The calendar app will only default to event view, not month view, for some reason. Why is everyone rolling over and trying to be positive about the garbage battery life? It is NOT acceptable for a company like Samsung to release a product like this with such an abysmal battery. Why is outlook the only app allowed for email on the phone? Where is Samsung mail? I don't like outlook so I never set it up, can't download another app, yet somehow I still get email notifications on the watch (can't do anything with them ie reply, open to read full, etc.). Samsung lies about the dimensions. One of the Major reasons I bought the GW4 was they advertised it to be significantly thinner than the Galaxy watch (I should have known better, they lied about the Galaxy watch as well when it came out). I have calipers, the true thickness is over 14mm thick, barely a millimeter thinner than the Galaxy watch and Not the 11mm Samsung claims on their website. The preloaded watch faces are way too many and terrible. If you like them, that's fine, I think they are awful, and I can't delete them! The watch face marketplace is worse. In the Galaxy store, you can shop by style/design/type etc.; in the Play store, you have to know the designer by name. I don't know or want to research designers, I want to shop by style, its not customer friendly. It also seems to force you into paying more money for company's/apps like Facer.

I just don't understand why no one has called out Samsung on all of the poor software and user decisions. And what does Samsung have over the numerous reviewers and YouTubers where no one has the courage to point out how bad this watch is? Seriously, near everyone just spouts the fact sheet from Samsungs website. Yes, people do talk about the battery life, but they excuse it as if its ok for a company to put out a device like this with such a small battery, and act like we should be grateful we get a battery at all. There is no positive spin to the battery, be honest, its terrible. Would anyone accept a Tesla that had better screens but only half the batteries? Power saving mode is not the answer. If you need to cut down the device to just be a watch, then just go and buy a watch! We want smart technology because of all the features we can use with them. This watch is absolutely a downgrade to the previous versions (specifically the Galaxy watch). I even tried calling Samsung for help on some of these concerns and for some answers, at the highest tech support, no-one knew what I was talking about and couldn't help me with anything. I gave Samsung a chance to help me understand, I got nothing. I am sincerely upset and disappointed because I was really looking forward to this watch. I am such a fan of the Galaxy watch, and after hearing reviewer after reviewer speak so highly, I got excited that this would be the upgrade I am looking for. How disappointing.

YouTubers, reviewers, be MORE HONEST!! Its easy to see when nearly all of them say the same things, it's like they all read from the same script.

BE HONEST, the watch sucks, it's a miss.

7 Replies
yakk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I was really tempted to buy the "ultimate android smart watch" this black Friday, but I came to know the battery issue still exists with no google assistant after 5 months of launch.

I told the cashier at best buy at the checkout, "I've changed my mind, sorry about it."

She was a charming lady and very open and friendly. she said, " It's not a great watch, we've had several customers return it within 15 days. Buy apple Watch instead. You won't regret it. "

Unfortunately, I don't have an iPhone (yet) to use the apple watch fully, but Samsung is well on track to lose a lot of devout customers. I WAS a Samsung fan for 10+ years but lost my faith with products like S21 Ultra ( i face a million software and hardware bugs everyday) and watch 4 (drains in 5 hours just sitting on a desk)
ArtDesk
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Not having any issues with Watch 3. Everything works as advertised. Get about a day's battery though but that's not bad never sleep in it.
0 Likes
Samsung_pZS7xOz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I hear you on the 3. For my first gen galaxy watch (I did buy the 46mm with the bigger battery), I get almost two full days of full use. That includes sleeping with the watch, active exercise tracking, full notifications, watch face always on, heart rate always on, etc. Its still a great watch but I am ready for a smaller watch. The 3 wasn't thinner and had a smaller battery, despite the Samsung spec sheet. I don't understand how Samsung can get away with false specs on their products. Anyway, the watch 3 is great, and I am sure better than the newly released watch 4. Just too many issues with the new watch. Keep your 3, if it still works, no need to replace it. 

0 Likes
userEZHJwVWMH9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Finally someone speaking the truth, not buying anything Samsung here after.  I think they paid the Youtubers good amount of money to keep them from speaking the truth.  The battery is the absolute worst there could be & I don't think they can do much. They cramped as much sensors and radios possible. I have an LTE version and it dies within 18 hours with ALL THE RADIOS OFF. This product is the worst there could be, atleast Apple doesn't scam it's customers like this.

0 Likes
roaddog665
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've gone back to my original galaxy watch; it's a much better device than the watch 4 classic I bought. The battery life is ridiculous. Holding out some slim hope that samsung will/can salvage the watch 4 with some software updates, but I'm not holding my breath.The best thing they could do would be ditch wear os and go back to Tizen. Tizen works better, is smoother, lasted DAYS on a charge, and there just aren't any apps in the play store to make wear os worth it. Google Assistant won't get a functional release on wear os until Google releases their pixel watch, and I wouldn't be surprised if they keep it exclusive, at least for a while. Besides, Google will support wear os for about 12 months and then forget about it again. It's what they do with everything other than android.
I hope whatever samsung got for using wear os was worth it, because they didn't get a better watch.
Samsung_User11
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I know. There was so much promise that it would be better and newer experiences now that Samsung partnered with Google. Very disappointed at the moment, I don't know if this will get better with updates but as of right now, the current OS version I have has made notifications useless. Now I have to press on the notification when it comes in order to see the details. I had the Gear S2, then the Galaxy Watch, the Gear S2 is by far my favorite. Even when I had my Gear S2 connected to an iPhone 6, it worked and was more reliable than the GW4 classic. The original GW (smallest size) had the best 2.5 days of battery life of the 3 watches I've had, but it was the most buggy, sluggish, and stuttering of them all. I only upgraded to the GW from GS2 because opening the very small selection of apps was begining to be very slow. Then I decided to upgrade to GW4 on day 1 because I hoped the partnership with Google was going to create a better experience and so far it still is more Tizen than Wear OS, but not even this makes the watch better since apparently Tizen is snappier than Weat OS. Seriously Samsung, work on making this what was promised. This watch is seriously not smooth, Wear OS to the fullest, and is just as buggy as the OG GW. There are times when this GW4 just freezes when getting notifications, especially from Spark email client, the screen freezes for several sencond and sometimes I have to turn off the watch and turn it back on to make it work again. There should at least be a restart button since it is something that needs to be used often, but no, you only put a turn off button in the control panel. FIX THIS!!! SERIOUSLY.
0 Likes
StimmyPizza
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch
Those reviews are always paid off. It's that way with most major tech companies. Same for all the reviews on big tech sites (PCMag, TomsGuide, etc)

Never base your purchase off those reviews
0 Likes