cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Will Active 2 get ecg and fall detection? Will I be forced to buy a 3?

I will be furious if I am forced to buy the active 3 to get features that were promised on the 2. My watch is only 6 months old. 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Will Active 2 get ecg and fall detection? Will I be forced to buy a 3?

From what I've read, is that the Active 2 will have the hardware they promised. Just some software changes are needed in the next few updates.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

fall detection also?

Highlighted
Astronaut

I'm in the same boat.  I wonder if there has been any thought given to starting a class action lawsuit! 

I'm paying for something that I did not get.  We should demand our money back at least. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I doubt that would fly. It was advertised as having the hardware which would be activated at a later date. It would be different if they had advertised it as having those features active out of the box.

Highlighted
Asteroid

this company is the king of broken promises
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Fitbit was just as bad and they just had a thing on the news that Apple is delaying shipping if you ordered an iPhone Also, the Versa didn't hold a candle to Active2.

Highlighted
Asteroid

The new watch has the exact same set of sensors as the GWA2 so the likely answer is yes. I think we're all annoyed that Samsung released a new watch before fully delivering on their promises for the last one.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Absolutely. The only solace is that I don't believe it's actually activated on the new watch yet either.

Highlighted
Supernova

@lorraineg57 @Caznova30 @spring45 @usertV6VgHCGWY @PlanetDearthDesigns 

ECG is a go in Korea, and I suspect will be coming to USA shortly --> https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-watch-active-2-ecg-support-is-a-go-at-least-in-south-korea/

Recent FDA approval is a GREAT sign --> https://www.phonearena.com/news/samsung-galaxy-watch-3-watch-active-2-fda-clearance-US-ecg-activatio...

---

Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation!