Original topic:

Wireless power sharing crappy

(Topic created: 09-12-2021 04:23 AM)
ShannaMay
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Taking a trip to see my daughter and my galaxy watch 4 (a week old)  is at 54%  I could have sworn that the charging cable was plugged in last night, but according to the weather app, the last full charge was over 12 hours ago.  Ok. No big deal. I'll charge it on my s21 ultra, which is just over a month old.  Get wireless charging started and everything set. It says my watch is charging. I accidentally bumped my phone so when I checked it, the watch was off and power sharing was also off. Tried turning on the watch and it says it's completely dead. In less than 5 minutes. What the heck?  Now it won't charge at all, it just keeps giving me the overheating symbol. Ugh!
Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 128GB (Unlocked) | Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 42mm Black LTE
4 Replies
ShannaMay
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Update a few hours later. It will wirelessly charge to 10% and stop. I turned it on watch only and it died in 20 minutes. Won't be able to do a full charge on it until later tonight. Ugh
0 Likes
poky3210
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm having battery problems to but when I try to make calls with the watch I have the LTE model
ShannaMay
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Mine is also lte. I gave up, as it would only go to 10% then overheat. Hopefully it will charge tonight and be ok
0 Likes
ShannaMay
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I never got an answer or resolution, but it hasn't happened since. I also haven't tried to use my phone again to charge it. The battery life of the watch is horrendous though.
0 Likes