Original topic:

Work Profile notifications when Paired to non-Samsung Phone

(Topic created: 03-28-2022 06:02 PM)
tepper126
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I recently got a Watch4 Classic and was hoping to get notified on my watch about calendar events, emails or work chats. This used to work when I had a Watch3 and a Samsung Note 20, but now that I'm paired to a Pixel phone, I don't seem to have that option; the Watch4 can only show notifications from the personal side of the device, even though the Galaxy Wearable app itself does somehow timestamp "Most recent" notifications from the work profile.

Can anyone on the Samsung side clarify if there is any intention to fix this functionality gap? Or am I just doing it wrong? This seems to be something of a longer-term issue that didn't dawn on me when I was making my purchase.

7 Replies
BingoDinkus
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having the same issue. I don't see any reason that this shouldn't just work out of the box, and there doesn't seem to be any info about it online.

0 Likes
ack154
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't know if this "bumps" the topic here or not but I'm pretty surprised this is an issue. I just got a GW4 and paired it my Surface Duo 2 I'm using for work and am now finding out I can't get any work profile notifications? That's a huge problem for me. And considering this has been months in the making, I'm assuming this isn't going to be addressed anytime soon, so this is going to have to be returned.

0 Likes
realaud
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have found that most Samsung watch features work best when paired with a Samsung phone. I didn't even know some features weren't working when my watch was paired with an Asus phone, but when I got a Samsung phone, all of a sudden I had access to features that I didn't before.  The basics will work fine with any Android phone, but anything complex or advanced needs to be paired with a Samsung device.

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi there, I understand how frustrating it can be to not have access to features you enjoy unfortunately, we cannot guarantee full compatibility with Samsung features and non-Samsung products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Shurikenv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I get there are features and stuff to hold back to convince people to by more of the same brand products. but work profile notifications just seem silly to block off, im having the same issue with a Pixel 6 and Galaxy watch 4  and this is one of the features i got it for so i can be more effective and yet this is blocked.  hopefully this is something that can be fixed soon cause this is very silly and sad. 

0 Likes
hendersj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Don't know if my follow up can help bump this up, but I just got an S22 Ultra and paired it with my existing Galaxy Watch 4.  Hadn't really noticed before (when I was using an S9+ phone) that I wasn't getting notifications, but today I realized I wasn't and tried to set it up, only to be disappointed that I couldn't.

Had this with the Galaxy Watch 3 running Tizen, so I hope that Samsung and Google figure this out.

0 Likes
user8blpjL48FE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had the same issue with a Google Pixel 5, and with my Google Pixel 6. Work notifications work fine on my Fossil Gen 5 using the standard Google Wear app, they also work fine on my Pebble watch using the GadgetBridge app. Samsung support is completely clueless and does not even try to comprehend what the actual problem is. After multiple attempts at getting help, all I was able to get was the same ignorant "try resetting it" canned response. Like always with Samsung, great hardware with horrible horrible software and support. I ended up returning the watch. I will just wait for a next gen Fossil or wait for the current gen to get Wear OS 3 and drop in price. Hopefully one day this will not be an issue but I am not holding my breath.

0 Likes