cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

active 2 battery not lasting

my active 2 watch started dieing in less than half a day for about 2+ weeks now. tried restarting my watch and phone but still the same. tried turning off bluetooth, nfc, and wifi but still the same. tried a reset on my watch and having all communication off but still the same. tried putting it in power saving mode but from 100% at 6am, it is at 40% by 1pm. it used to be at around 60%+ with normal use when i would go to bed, with it starting at 100% at 6am. after the last update i went to check my time around lunch but it was dead. the watch is only about 3 to 4 months old. anyon else having this problem? 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: active 2 battery not lasting

I to am having this issue it just recently stared for me everything was working fine till bout 4 days ago. Not sure what happen

Highlighted
Constellation

Same here.  There have been an Watch upate and several Bixby updates.  Which seem to have introduced severe battery drain.

I can barely make it through a day without having to charge it.  Seriously a pain.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I also have an Active 2 40mm bluetooth. Bought in January 2020 and had no issues. Battery lasted 1 and half to 2 days with conservative use and 1 day with always on display, wifi on auto, location on and heart rate on continueous.

From 2 days ago I've seen battery drain like I've not experienced before. I turned off the wake-up feature but left wifi on auto, always on display and location on and heart rate on continueous.  Battery would then normally be at 66-70% and I saw that these changes had it at 76% yesterday morning.

Today I've had battery drain from 88% this morning (about 05:30) to 6% at 11:30 (same morning). I normally workout for about 35 to 40 minutes in the morning.  That was the extend of the use.

The watch face I use is a dark face (analogue watch face) with no animation.

I've now charged it again, back on a Samsung watch face, used the battery optimiser so almost everything is off except for the heartrate monitoring.  I've also restarted both the watch and phone.

I don't use Bixby, but that was the only app that had an update and am wondering if its not misbehaving. I will forced close that on the Wear app, just to be sure.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You can try the troubleshooting steps here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078033/ If the battery is still draining rapidly, it is recommended to have a certified technician evaluate the watch. You can find the nearest authorized service location here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

ok. update. i managed to get 12 hours with an ending battery of 60% with goodnight mode on and all communication off.  but the next day it died at 8 hours. i did notice that i had sweat collecting under my screen protector so today i took off my protector and put it on goodnight mode with no communication on. will see what i end up with. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

another update. no protective cover, all communication off, and goodnight mode on. 13-1/2 hours and im at 37%. as for the troubleshooting link. ive tried it but nothing changed. if i have to dumb this thing down to the same functions as a $12 walmart watch to get it to last the same amount of time it was lasting before the update then i think we should a couple hundred dollars back.