Original topic:

active watch 2 heartrate sensor cover fell off, what should I do?

(Topic created on: 1/3/21 2:51 AM)
userYGjw0sGTdY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

is that something the warranty will cover it?  

4 Replies
usereTeU53nsyb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

It depends how long you've had it. Under consumer rights act in UK it should be included in warranty up to 6 months from purchase. Mine is out of warranty and only just fell off. They said I need to pay for a repair even though this is a known manufacturing fault with Samsung and after research it seems it happens too all samsung watches. Dating back to 2018. 

I'm claiming through consumer protection act  (UK) section 2(1) safety and 3(1) damage. 

I'm waiting on their response. 

user575ZLXz2IK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi

Have you had any luck resolving this?

I bought one of these Actve2 watched in October 2019 as a birthday gift for my wife as she liked the interface on my 46mm Galaxy Watch.

Over the Christas period when she removed the watch one day the senspr cover was stuck to her wrist.

She immediately stopped wearing it and we have been trying to get it resolved.

After a chat session with Samsung they arranged to collect it on Monday and it is currently with the Samsung repair centre in Croydon.

In an email to us they have said:

"Thank you for sending your device to our service centre, the inspection is now complete.

Unfortunately, due to Device Lock, we are unable to offer you a warranty repair on this occasion.

Fault Issues

Rear cover has detached from back of device. Needs a whole new rear cover.

Cost of repair

Total cost of repairs for Samsung R830 Rear Cover   -  £49 Inc. Vat.  "

I have tried to establish what the significance of "device lock" is in determining whether a warranty repair can be offered but Samsung support staff are unable to provide an answer.

I would appreciate any advice from within this community.

Regards

0 Likes
userUnthjllSlf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Their Service centres are absolutely hopeless.

My watch stopped turning on when the back sensor came off and stuck to my wrist during a swim.

I went to the service centre, and they have quoted me a whopping SGD 496 to repair the watch. I got this watch for SGD 550 14 months back. 

You dont invest in a smartwatch thinking it will last you a year, but thats the attitude i got from the service centre when I argued that I diligently follow all the steps given for using the watch in the pool. They even accepted that I was not the first case reported with the back sensor falling off due to the contact with body sweat. 

this is the engineering expected from Samsung. 

RESOLVED THAT I AM NEVER BUYING THEIR WEARABLES!!! 

0 Likes
userce3z477MWM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Please don't purchase any Samsung watches.

0 Likes