JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Alarm disappearing on Galaxy watch 3

(Topic created: 06-16-2022 01:45 PM)
nkoss
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I set an alarm on the watch to go off at 1:00 PM daily. It works fine for 1-2 days, then it disappears with no warning. Why does this happen?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

The next step I would recommend would be resetting your watch. All of your personal data will be removed and the watch will restore back to its default settings, so you won't have to worry about personal info still being on it. You can reset your watch using the Settings or Reboot mode on the watch, or with the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone. Please make sure to follow section on before you reset your watch to create a back up. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084702/

However, I am going to recommend not restoring from the backup to make sure it's not a third party app or any software on the watch causing an interference in the alarm settings of your Galaxy watch 3.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with your alarms disappearing as they play an impact on our daily lives. Have you tried setting an alarm from your phone to see if it disappears from your watch?

Have you tried clearing the cache for your Galaxy wearables app and the clock app on your phone? Give these steps a try: Go to settings > apps > then tap on the app you are needing > then tap on force stop > then storage and clear the cache

What type of device do you have paired with your watch?

How long have you been experiencing these symptoms and have you had any updates recently?

0 Likes
nkoss
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

The phone is S21+

I set an alarm on the phone and it went off on both phone and watch

I did the force stop and clear cache on both the Galaxy Wearable app and the Watch3 plugin app.

The problem has been present for several months, but prior to that, I never used the alarm app on the watch.

I update whenever an update is available...like today there was an update to the wearable app.

0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

you could  reproduce the issue and report to wear app > menu > contact us > error report... it's very important to report asap when you see the alarm gone since the phone logs only last maybe like 30min at best.

0 Likes
nkoss
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I can't reproduce the problem. And certainly I can't access the problem within 30 minutes since I don't find out about it until he following day if the alarm fails to go off.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

The next step I would recommend would be resetting your watch. All of your personal data will be removed and the watch will restore back to its default settings, so you won't have to worry about personal info still being on it. You can reset your watch using the Settings or Reboot mode on the watch, or with the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone. Please make sure to follow section on before you reset your watch to create a back up. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084702/

However, I am going to recommend not restoring from the backup to make sure it's not a third party app or any software on the watch causing an interference in the alarm settings of your Galaxy watch 3.

nkoss
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

What about watch faces that I purchased? Will I lose them?

0 Likes
nkoss
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

OK, I see that I can restore my watch faces, so I did the reset and set the alarm and we shall see what happens. I'll let you know in a few days if the alarm setting holds. Thanks for all the advice. Let's hope it works 🙂

0 Likes
nkoss
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Everything seems to be working now. Thanks again for the help

0 Likes