cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

back fell off after 2 weeks

I purchased an Active 2 watch and the back fell off after 2 weeks. Too bad as I like the watch. Checked online and others had same problem. Also read that Samsung claims water damage and denies warranty even though watch is supposed to be waterproof to 50 feet. I can return it but I am afraid to get a replacement as it seems to be a design flaw.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: back fell off after 2 weeks

Mine fell off as well after going into the pool with my watch.  I was in the pool for about 10 minutes when I noticed it stopped working.  I took it off, dried it, and that is when the back came off.  They are 100% claiming that it's water damage and refuse to honor the warranty. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Asteroid

It is ridiculous that they will not honor the warranty when they claim it is safe in 50 feet of water.  It is a defective design and they will not even stand behind it. I  returned mine for that reason even though I like the watch. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm glad you were able to return it.  I am never purchasing another Samsung product again.  We have Samsung phones and a TV, and I've always believed in their products, but the customer service is just next level terrible.  It's 100% a rip off.  The supervisor actually told me I would be better off buying a new watch - like I would blow another $200+ for a faulty product.  And then seeing that it's happening to other people too just makes me even more upset.  They are just getting away with taking our money!

Highlighted
Asteroid

The way to get even with them is to buy a new one at Costco and then you have 90 days to return it.  Return it in 85 days and get a new one and keep doing the same. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I have had the Active2 since the first of the year, so about 6 months now.  The back sensor has come unglued off my watch today. I have never had it in water or even splashed on it. I am a regular walker (nowhere near a heavy athlete), so only some perspiration on it from time to time.  I do wear it while sleeping. What a disappointment.  I previously had a Fitbit which became defective during warranty, and was replaced with a refurbished one which did not even last 1 month, with no further warranty options available at that point. I was jaded over Fitbit, and did a ton of research and finally picked this Samsung Active2 because it was going to offer the ECG feature, which has STILL not been released. I'm beginning to wonder if all smartwatches are just garbage.  You are lucky if it lasts even two years, and if not you get a refurbished piece of garbage to replace it.  I have yet to find out what Samsung or Costco will say for mine.  I would like a replacement, but if that breaks too like my Fitbit, I will never purchase Samsung again.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Let me know what Costco does. I returned mine as it was less than 90 days and bought another one. I plan to return this one within 90 days as I am convinced it's a defective product. I  hope they come out with an Active 3 soon without this defect. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to assist you further. I would be happy to set you up for service as our Samsung Limited warranty  is a service based warranty. If you would like proceed with being set up for service can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.