cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userOTU5uFHA4o
Asteroid

battery life poor

Hi,

I have the 46mm samsung watch.  The battey lasts about 6 and a half hours only. I have disabled just about everything on this watch except for the mobile side of the watch. All sensors all notifications  even the twist your wrist to turn clock face on.

I have had the watch tested at highpoint and all i got back from them was the that while on standby for 20hrs it lost only 25% of battery so there was nothing wrong. The Person i was dealing with had no real idea about anything and said that they also reset the watch some sort of special reset but wasn't sure.

As i mentioned to this person what happens if this doesn't fix my issue and he said basically there is nothing else they can do.

Having a watch that only lasts for 6 and a half hours isn't very good and thats with just about everything disabled that i could find to turn off, any idea' s guys 

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: battery life poor

@userOTU5uFHA4o when did you purchase your watch? 

userOTU5uFHA4o
Asteroid

March 2019

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userOTU5uFHA4o gotcha, thanks. About how long has your watch been experiencing such poor battery? 

userOTU5uFHA4o
Asteroid

probably the last 3 to 4 weeks now.

Have rest it many times and tried different options but nothing really seems to work

userOTU5uFHA4o
Asteroid

any suggestions ?

useraYg00aATJo
Constellation

I sincerely hope you are able to get this resolved. My Ge...

I sincerely hope you are able to get this resolved. My Gear S3 frontier suffered a similar issue. Nothing would resolve. Unusably shirt battery life with everything that could be, disabled other than bluetooth. Got maybe 8 hours.

I had it for 6 months before the poor battery problem suddenly showed up. It was not a slow change, but an overnight change immediately after a software update.

I have repaired phones, cooked roms, and all kind of shenanigans in the past, so trust me when I say, I troubleshooted all that could be on this thing.

2 months after the battery issues began, the vibrate motor stopped working. Then the heart rate sensor failed.

You can get it fixed under warranty, but, they will just look at the calculated time remaining and say everything is fine and send it back still broken. It wasn't until sensors died till I got a unit replacement with the battery working again.

6 months later, battery probs in second unit. Out of warranty, I have no recourse.

It's like the early days of smartphones all over again. Ye ole' windows mobile and the first Android phones were just as unreliable in my experience.

Be willing to by a new smartwatch every 365 days when the warranty dies, wait till they are better, or prey you get lucky.

userOTU5uFHA4o
Asteroid

Re: I sincerely hope you are able to get this resolved. My Ge...

Thanks for the reply,

i work in the it industry as well so have  a bit of knowledge. i understand things sometimes go faulty which i have no problems with as long as its looked at, and not just it seems ok because its quicker to try and keep the customer happy. They had the watch for one day and only tested the battery on standby, i would have perferred them to have it for a week and actually test eveything on it properly as time is an issue. i have spent 4 hour just dropping the watch off and picking it up again. 

I only want the phone for the mobile side only if i could i would remove everything else, as i cant carry my phone at work so its handy to know i have a message or phone call, i then can go back to the office and use my phone.

Hopefully i get someone at samsung that is actually willing to look at this properly