JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Call and text on other devices with galaxy watch

(Topic created: 11-26-2020 09:56 PM)
Nuk77
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Currently on unlocked galaxy z fold 2 (using sprint/tmbile) paired with lte  galaxy watch 3 (watch has no data plan)  and I noticed that the call and text on devices does not let me register or connect my watch and I was able to with the watch 3 Bluetooth version (I previously tested)  just fine and would make outbound calls and texts using my phones data but ever since I got the lte version of the watch that stopped. Is anyone else having that issue or have a solution? I looked online everywhere even on xda forums. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for that information. Call and message on another device isn't available on the Galaxy watch 3 with the Galaxy Z fold 2. Give this link a try for more information on compatibility: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083152/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out. Are you able to connect your watch via Bluetooth and through the Wearables app?

Are you able to make calls by using the steps in this link? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00061408/​​​​​​​

Nuk77
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
yes, everything works fine thru Bluetooth and on wifi and with the remote feature but it's just the "text and call on other device" with the "turn on mobile data" switch and I cannot see me watch on the device list to use my watch. and ironically I'm on the call with samsung technical support as I write this. and they're confused as well.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can I please get your full model number, baseband version, Bluetooth or LTE, the device your watch is paired with as well as the Android version on the device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Nuk77
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
model # SM-R845U baseband: R845USQU1BTH4 watch is LTE and is paired with samsung galaxy z fold 2 5g android version 10
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for that information. Call and message on another device isn't available on the Galaxy watch 3 with the Galaxy Z fold 2. Give this link a try for more information on compatibility: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083152/

0 Likes
Nuk77
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
oh yes it is available. I had said it was working fine in October then it just stopped. I did speak with Samsung 2nd tier technical support and they confirmed it should work just fine with samsung z fold 2. but figures that samsung support would give contradicting information when they cannot find a solution.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

To use this feature, you must first turn on Remote connection in the Galaxy Wearable app while your phone is connected to the Galaxy Watch 3 through Bluetooth. Then, navigate to and open Settings on your phone and search for and select Call & text on other devices. Next, turn on the feature by tapping the switch. The connection will automatically occur remotely with your Samsung account, and the watch will appear in the list of Registered devices. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00061408/

0 Likes
Nuk77
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
it doesn't work. I tried it on both the lte and Bluetooth version. they no longer work. it did before back in October just fine. samsung tier 2 also are confused too. and they're compatible. it's just in America they disabled it so consumers are forced to pay for a data plan thru a carrier to use the feature. because it use to work just fine. samsung shouldn't allow other corporations to restrict services or features that Samsung releases just for profit. cause in other regions for example in Australia that feature works fine and is listed on the Australian samsung website.

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/using-call-text-on-other-devices/
0 Likes