Original topic:

doess it have a microphone to talk for phone calls

(Topic created on: 3/24/21 1:19 PM)
jplutino
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

so i have a galaxy 3 watch arriving tomorrow. I asked tech support if i could use watch to talk instead of picking up phone they said no.  my friend has the lte version and his works for both making and talking obviously.  will the reg galaxy 3 also be able to talk through the watch using my phones service or is it going back for the lte version? 

4 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@jplutino 

The Galaxy 3 watch does have a microphone. If you have the Galaxy 3 watch paired to a phone, then you can use the watch to talk to and hear your phone calls. 

I have the BT version and it works great for that when you can't get to your phone. 

jplutino
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

awesome thank you for the info.  Of course samsung techs no nothing lol

PeninaD
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
It is possible to connect a non LTE watch 3 to your smartphone and use the watch to make and answer calls.
I do.
0 Likes
jplutino
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

simple answer is yes.  on the galaxy 2 active i had to turn audio on in bluetooth phone settings.  Whats really annoying is i contacted tech support and they told me it could not be done on any galaxy watch except the lte version.  Straight up lie.  They really need to train the india guys how their products work.