Original topic:

excessive battery drain after last update

(Topic created on: 1/26/21 8:16 PM)
userjkAf0RrUMP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hello, after the latest update, Samsung Health is draining my Active 2 watch excessively now. I used to get almost 2.5 days on a charge now I can barely make it thru a day. When I check what is draining the battery the highest percentage is taken by Samsung Health. Please update the apps to slow the battery drain! 
3 Replies
FuzzyElf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
This is not a place to make requests of Samsung, but another user might be able to help you. You could try reading through posts to see if someone else already got a fix for this, too.
0 Likes
userjkAf0RrUMP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Totally helpful reply... For those looking for a solution I fixed my watch by letting it die all the way, and kept turning it in till it wouldn't turn on any more. Charged it to 100%. I also restarted my phone. When I took it off the charger it started draining normally again.

Hope that helps!
FuzzyElf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you so much.
To add to this, I have now seen that Samsung says this is a place to make requests. I suspect it is not the best place just because in the extremely short time I've been here, I have seen nothing to suggest anyone at Samsung reads anything here, nor anything hinting they care. Over decades I have seen a large number of user forums that are not monitored by the corporations that host them, with users confused, disappointed, and bitterly angry because they get no corporate response. It will be nice to see that Samsung does have someone reading all the posts here.