cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

galaxy watch 3 not working with Samsung Pay

Just wondering why I can't get my samsung galaxy watch 3 to work with samsung pay. called samsung and ATT and it still don't work. i have  a S10 phone and a samsung galaxy watch 3 had the phone since It was released and picked up the watch this past Sunday any one else having this problem 

Thanks in advance 
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: galaxy watch 3 not working with Samsung Pay

Hi. When I added a card to Samsung Pay on my watch, I noticed it specifically stated to use contactless payment to use the watch. It apparently does not have the capabilities my Gear S3 and my phone have.
Interestingly enough, I tried using it at the contactless payment side of the credit card machine and it still did not work. I ended up using my phone to pay.
This is a huge problem. I don't understand how they would remove a feature like that in the new watch.
I'm hoping this is something that could get corrected in a software update and not that it's something I'd have to learn to live with.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The Gear S3 supported MST and NFC technology in Samsung Pay. The Galaxy Watch 3 will only support NFC technology. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001409/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I get that, my question is, why? what is the reason for removing that technology? is it the addition of the "yet to be available" ECG & BP?
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Regretfully, I would not have the answer to that question as I am not an engineer nor a developer. I will be happy to mark your question as feedback so that the appropriate team can review it.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I would appreciate that.
Also, when is the ECG feature going to be available?
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We are unable to speculate on future updates. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I mean another question to send as feedback to the appropriate team. Thanks
Highlighted
Astronaut

I can't even add the card to my watch 😒