Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

galaxy watch disappeared from smartthings panel

hi
i hope this is the right place to post this
i have galaxy s8 and the galaxy watch
i was used that the smartthings panel was always visible in my phone when i swipe down from the top
but in the last ~2 weeks, my galaxy watch is not begin recognized by the smartthings panel anymore
i noticed that if i try to restart my phone it help for a short while - meaning that i see the smartthings panel with the galaxy watch, but it disappears again after a while
as far as i know, this problem is only with my galaxy watch. if i pair any kind of bluetooth earphones i can see them in the panel, but not my watch
i am aware that maybe this problem is related to the watch, and i will post a same question in the relevant place for the watch
thanks
shahar

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: galaxy watch disappeared from smartthings panel

@userDgcraRcGvo To resolve your issue we recommend that you call in and talk to our Smart Things Department 866-813-2404

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same issue but with Galaxy Watch and Galaxy S9+. It started about 2-3 weeks ago and has absolutely the same behaviour as you are saying. Sometimes even a Bluetooth restart helps but just for a while. The watch is connected, I can do everything with it but it doesn't appear in the SmartThings panel. I also tried to reconnect the watch from the scratch but without success. I'm thinking about the latest software update which was applied to my watch on 29th of Dec - Version R800XXU1DSL1/R800OXA1DSL1. It contains a lot of new features and updates and this one could be one of them.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I too have this problem starting about 3 weeks ago or so. I have a gear s3 frontier and a galaxy A50. It shows on the smartthings panel for a few seconds then disappears. I open the smartthings app and it shows as paired but if I tap on the S3 button the small switch is on and says connected, but only shows as paired. I have reset both phone and watch which took considerable amount of time because af trying to remember or having to change passwords. Still does not help. It has to be the last update to the smartthings app.

Highlighted
Constellation

The same here. I think it's clear that the reason behind this change is samsung. I hope that this is just a bug and they fix it soon! Tbh seeing that cute little watch icon there was one of the main reasons why I bought watch active 2!!!

Highlighted
Asteroid

I am having the same issue on my S9. The watch (Galaxy Watch R800) is connected, this is even visible both in the watch UI and the Galaxy Wearable app. The SmartThings panel does briefly show the watch icon when you disconnect and the reconnect the watch, then it disappears again. Galaxy Buds and Samsung TV are displayed correctly. Screenshot/gif clearly shows I have watch connected and the panel doesn't show the watch. I have checked the panel settings and watch icon is not disabled.

Screenshot_20200205-095400_Galaxy Watch PlugIn.jpgSmartSelect_20200205-095304_Galaxy Watch PlugIn.gif

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I recommend reaching out to our SmartThings team, they can be reached at 866-813-2404

Highlighted
Constellation

Same for me and my Note 8 & 46mm GW. Samsung, please fix - with so many complaints, it's obvious it's a bug with SmartThings. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Following a suggestion to write to SmartThings support, I have received an email. In a nutshell, this is probably caused by future functionality of the app.

Will update if I get more info.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I got the answer:

As the One UI 2.0 / Android 10 is released (and I have updated over the weekend), the SmartThings App got "upgraded". Instead of quick set of icons representing the devices we get Media | Devices selections (bottom right). Media opens Dual Sound settings / Music player and the Devices opens SmartThings devices.

So there's that.

Screenshot_20200217-112234_One UI Home.png