cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxpYUrKUjcr
Astronaut

Re: galaxy watch prevents other bluetooth devices from playing media audio!

I have the same exact issue with the Pixel 2 XL. No fix is in sight 

userz6Ln5P0sCv
Constellation

I also have this problem with my pixel2xl

userjg6o3jUNO5
Constellation

I also have the issue with my Note 9.  

userF6EjyE1IQ5
Constellation

Samsung is full of it.  I have S9+ bought a 42mm galaxy watch 2 days ago and it won't stay connected more then 30sec with 2016 Honda civic 😤😫🤬

userjZ5vGqvGoI
Constellation

im having the same issue and hopefully ill be working for Samsung in the near future but try this because i have the active 2 withe the not ten look in settings, apps, gear wearable. advanced,change systems settings to off i have done this and still testing features but for the most part my watch and altel headphones are still working with the phone havent tried phone call yet but this shud solve the media play

userjzAt77NNRB
Constellation

Same exact problem with my note 9

userlVRCDlE1fW
Constellation

I have Samsung S9 and Toyota Avalon 2013 and have the same issue. The ability to make phone calls in my car via bluetooth automatically is more important to me than having smart watch, but now I can't use it because the invasive nature of the watch. I may just not use the watch.

userfvSiUtAcWk
Asteroid

Hi,
after reading this thread, I tested my Galaxy Watch and connected it to my Car BT while at the same time connected to my Sony Xperia XZ1.
I was able to use both connections at the same time without any problems. Any changes on the watch were in Sync with the Health App on the phone. I have also tested making a call through the car's phone dialer and it went fine.

My opinion is the watch has the latest connection technology and problems will eventually surface if other devices, such as the phone, is using older technology or has limited capabilities.

My experience so far with the connections is excellent.

If you found above information helpful, then please help answer my comments on Galaxy Watch at the following links:

Galaxy-Watch-Back-Key-Double-Press

Galaxy-Watch/Deleted-Records-Remain-on-Watch

Galaxy-Watch_Battery-Where-is-my-50-balance

Galaxy-Watch-MAP-Permissions

Regards,

GorillaD
Asteroid

Unfortunately it is affecting a lot of other users.  I suspect it is a slighly older bluetooth chipset that's triggering it (that's what samsung has claimed) so it does work on newer devices however that's no excuse for the behaviour.  

If the watch does not work propoerly with slightly older phones (such as their own Galaxy S7) then it needs to say that on the box such as *requires bluetooth 5.7 or new for full functionality!!!

I think the root of the problem is that Samsung's bluetooth handshake is busted!  During handshake it presents it self as media audio, then releases that role.  I'm convinced this is an issue they COULD fix in the watch firmware and just don't care to since it doesn't affect the newest phones.

userfvSiUtAcWk
Asteroid

Greetings:

I have experimented more on this for you. And yes, there seems to be a problem despite I was successful on my previous attempts connecting the phone/car/watch all at the same time.

What I faced is a problem placing a call from the watch while only connected to the phone.  I received an error message on the watch face saying I have to activate the "call audio" feature on the watch's bluetooth connection on the phone.

So I accessed my phone settings/bluetooth Device Connection/Galaxy Watch and the "call audio" was already active.  I de-activated then activated again.  I tried to place the call and it went through.

Not sure what suddenly happened after all was working well.   Will keep an eye and report again for anything new.