cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userZ3akqdFuGw
Asteroid

Re: galaxy watch prevents other bluetooth devices from playing media audio!

Agree that this is ridiculous.

This issues that irk me is when listening to music through the watch and the phone rings that you can't get the phone audio through the bluetooth headphones. That and i cant get phone media to play through the headphones when connected to the watch

Honored Contributor

Re: Top Loader Washing Machine Recall

Just wanted to check in with you and see how the repairs are going?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userpNNDY0w80Y
Constellation

Re: Top Loader Washing Machine Recall

I have an issue believing that it's because of older technology, I had this issue with my old Gear S2 and my S7 and later S8. I could not find a way to correct this, so I stopped wearing the watch. I made the mistake that this might be fixed in the new Galaxy Gear, but I had the same issues with my S8 and now my new S10. I hope Samsung finds a fix for this, because this is clearly not acceptable and this will definitely be the last time I buy another Samsung smartwatch and possibly phone. 

userJC2gutaOOI
Astronaut

Hi,

For me, the issue was solved changing the Bluetooth AVRCP Version under Developer Options, the default one was set to 1.4, I switched to 1.6, restart the phone and my headset starts pairing and working again.

My cellphone is an Essential PH-1, I'm using a galaxy watch active and a Sony headset.

userkFS9IJ5Jw5
Constellation

Same phone and this did the trick. After restarting the watch and headset instantly connected. This should be bookmarked somewhere. 

userZ3akqdFuGw
Asteroid

Cannot find this setting on my S6 edge

userNBKdXPocHn
Constellation

Thank you so much!!!

I have been enjoying my Galaxy Watch and it's fantastic battery life, but this problem has left me unable to use a Bluetooth headset in my office or while I'm driving in a car unless I disable the Bluetooth on my watch.  I had pretty much given up -- I ordered a Fossil Gen 5 watch and was going to go back to Android Wear.  But the battery life on the Fossil was disappointing to the point that I was going to return it and maybe try a Fitbit Versa 2.

I did find that disabling the "Phone" permission for the Galaxy Wear apps allowed me to use Bluetooth headsets with my phone, but causes the Galaxy Wear app to complain and not work.

Switching to AVRCP 1.6 on my S8+ (defaults to 1.4) seems to have fixed the problem for me -- at least after 15 minutes of testing.

For others who came across this, you have to first enable "Developer Mode" in the Android settings app on your phone.  Here's how to do it on the S8+ -- I think other phones behave similarly.

https://androidcure.com/enable-developer-options-samsung-galaxy-s8-plus/

userjg6o3jUNO5
Constellation

You are DEFINITELY not alone.  I cannot stay connected or reconnect to my Bose speakers and cannot get the audio when I get a Skype.   Hope the update comes very soon!

userH8rVJICsTi
Astronaut

Same issue here with Pixel2XL. No problems connecting to my car before watch was synced. If I uninstall the watch it works fine again .Purely linked to Galaxy Watch talking over all Bluetooth connectivity

userzIyack36ka
Astronaut

Having the same issue. It's led to me barely wearing my watch because it's so frustrating. I have a Pixel 2. Really anticipating any kind of fix.