cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usereFtwPCmmbI
Astronaut

Re: galaxy watch prevents other bluetooth devices from playing media audio!

I have a pixel 2 and sort of the same problem... My BT in my car wouldn't connect automatically, I had to manually do so, and the connection would drop. Realized it was because (I thinks) the galaxy watch is connected to BT in the pixel as if it was a media device? Anyway, I fixed it doing this... 

Settings - Connected Devices - Galaxy Watch - make sure the option "Phone Calls" is unchecked. 

I just figured this out after looking through these forums, hope this helps someone. 

userZ3akqdFuGw
Asteroid

My issue is this.

When wearing my watch and listening to music on bluetooth headphones I cannot get any Audio from the phone.

If I play a video on the phone it uses the phone speaker

If the phone rings, music stops in the headphones and I get a ringtone through the headset but when answered the call audion doesnt switch through.

userrk8W3A3ho9
Astronaut

Nope you're not the only one, had a Sony SW2 for 4 years no issues. Got my 46mm Samsung and nothing but issues, contacts don't work because I have my Aftershokz headphones and the watch doesn't like it. 

userHg2ITrIUcW
Constellation

My phone no longer connects to my car. I have to go disconnect my watch to be able to receive calls through my car's bluetooth. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I DRIVE. This and so many other "designs", as mentioned in @GorillaD's comment, are so inconvenient that I am honestly just plan on leaving Samsung products all together. I used to think I was a die hard Samsung fan but the issues that have been surfacing are not worth the hastle These are features that are supposed to be convenient. That is what makes products  desirable when it comes to technology. I'm very disappointed in this. Although it could just be something implemented to enforce upgrading our phones. Who knows. Im just over this.

userjYtfoTda0t
Cosmic Ray

@userHg2ITrIUcW. I had the same problem in my car. I have no use for taking calls through the watch speaker so I have solved it by going into the PHONE bluetooth settings for the watch and disable the voice/call capability. Now the car connects automatically again.

usertwKDjpAAii
Constellation

OK, I cannot stand my Galaxy watch!

I have a Galaxy S10, Galaxy Buds and a 46mm Galaxy watch (I am a big Samsung fan).  It is completely unacceptable that when I answer my phone, with my Galaxy buds in my ears, that my stupid watch picks up the call!  Who on earth would want to talk into their watcj, when they have a bluetooth headset on!?!?  To make matters worse, it is almost impossible to switch the call over to the buds.  And this is happening all on Samsung harware with the latest flagship products.  Same thing happens in my car, its actually dangerous for me to have to unlock my phone, open settings and manualy switch to my car's bluetooth to answer a call...unacceptable.

userSEf9iRlqPZ
Constellation

I have also experienced this issue, and I emailed Samsung to which they responded that it was part of the system and that there was not anything that I could do about it until they fixed it in the next update.

userkltUB1SBfr
Constellation

I have the same problem with my car bluetooth connection. It always connects to the watch every time I use the car.

userTiYTrOyO3y
Constellation

You are not the only one having this problem.  I'm shocked it's been an issue for so long! I just got the s10e and new smartwatch [upgraded from gear s2] and I'm having the exact issue. Its NUTS. 

Sorry to say I haven't found any reasonable solution. 

Stubbie1960
Constellation

New 46mm galaxy wearable user and I have to turn my watch off to use my handsfree ? found this thread and wondered if any advance had been made with this issue as I have some 20  days to return it if not, as there is no point not being able to use my handsfree in the car whilst wearing the watch ??

I have looked at a few apps that say they proritise bluetooth connections but non work with the galaxy, so im going to change for another watch unless I can resolve this, which is a shame