cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userjYtfoTda0t
Cosmic Ray

Re: galaxy watch prevents other bluetooth devices from playing media audio!

Due to forum problems (I guess with long threads that gives the "unable to ..") I answer "Stubbie1960"

with a follow up to the first post. Hope this is OK.

Anyway, the workaround I use to let my phone automatically connect to my car (bluetooth handsfree) I enter Bluetooth settings in my phone, open settings for the Galaxy Watch and disable the call audio for the watch. (I can live without taking calls through the watch but in my car handsfree is essential.)

Tallicdeth
Constellation

See I can't even get it to pair with jack squat now. I shouldn't have to repair my Bluetooth devices just because I added a watch. 

userLpuMmyVCHC
Constellation

I have a 2019 Honda, a Samsung active 2 watch and a Samsung 8 phone. Never before I bought and set up this watch have I had a problem with Bluetooth playing my music library in my car from my phone. I bought the watch yesterday morning and it's going back tomorrow morning. . either it will not play my music library from my phone or it will play and then the music cuts in and out.. I'm so frustrated with it taking over all my Bluetooth. I looked at the Bluetooth activity and it  clearly states the Samsung gear software is turning my Bluetooth on and off. The watch is not worth the trouble. If Samsung can't fix the problem why should I buy Samsung watches. Very very disappointed. Lazy lazy lazy company

user4EvE467fqY
Asteroid

I used to have this problem on older Android devices. But the new Samsung devices I do not have this problem anymore. I have my watch connected all times and wireless Android auto in the car. Audio is always on the car. Phone calls are on the car.

userPAgOpAJpQx
Constellation

This is giving me trouble too. I've got a Galaxy S10+ phone, with the 46mm Galaxy Gear. It worked at one point with my car, every time. The watch or the phone had an update and now no longer pairs with the car while I'm wearing the watch. If I leave the watch home, everything else pairs fine. Galaxy Buds, car, motorcycle helmet, other devices all pair fine. Once the watch is connected, nothing will pair. Frustrating, to say the least.

userSkC55x2pA2
Constellation

Solved!

My galaxy watch also wouldn't let my car connect to my phone (Galaxy S7) for calls. Until....

I entered "Developer Options" on the phone.

I think clicked on Bluetooth AVRCP in Developer Options

The default was 1.4 so I changed it to 1.6.

I disabled developer mode, restarted the phone, jumped into the car with the watch and the phone and the car connected to the phone perfectly. Also when you make a call from the watch it went through the car audio perfect.

Problem solved!

userLPKcCEOe7d
Constellation

I've been having the same issue with my bluetooth stereo but in the sense that it'll cut out about half a second of audio which is distracting. I'm not too sure if its specifically the watch but it sounds very similar. 

usergcfQwU4DHc
Constellation

I too had the same issue. After installing 'Bluetooth Auto Connect' app, I resolved most of these issues. We can provide the priority for devices to connect which has resolved my issues.