Original topic:

Galaxy watch showing voicemail notification won't go away on watch only

(Topic created: 02-27-2020 10:07 AM)
usermdNQjrVKuw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey guys,

I have a Galaxy Watch SM-R805U from T-Mobile and for a while now it keep showing i have a VM on my watch and not my phone. When i check the VM via watch or phone there are NO messages saved or otherwise. i have unpaired and tried just using the watch and or phone and neither have a VM when calling. Yet my watch regularly says i have a VM pending and i don't.

I have even reset the watch and still it pops up. There shows no software updates either.

Thoughts?

Thanks

~Brad~

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userGS1iLB22Ch
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was having the same issue, nothing worked.   I noticed within the notification on the watched appeared the same icon as my samsung txt message app on my phone.      I went to my txt messages app.  (voice mails do not appear here for me)  and I searched for voice mail.   This pulled up the chain of every notification for voicemail I have ever received on my phone.  I checked select all, and deleted them.  This solved it for me.   I assume now going forward when I get a voicemail in order to avoid it popping up on my phone I will need to search for it and clear it in the txt message app.  but for someone that only gets like 1-2 voice mails a month I can live with that.    hopefully someone else finds this helpful

uservTm7YYphPF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've got a similar issue. I've had a Gear S3 Classic for a year, and had previously paired it with a Moto Z2 Force, then an iPhone 6S. I recently got a Galaxy S10e as a splurge and a major bid on trust with Samsung. Unfortunately, it has thus far been ill-founded, as the Galaxy S10e has been chuck full of irritations and frustration, and few good things to say about it. I want my Moto Z2 Force back... if only it had wireless charging.

My issue is that a stray, invalid "voicemail" notification pops up incessantly, 5-10 times in rapid succession (watch never stops vibrating over and over for several seconds, "voicemail" notifications stack up on the watch, one over the other), whenever the watch disconnects from the phone as I walk away from it.

My watch doesn't have a SIM or service. This never happened under the Moto nor the iPhone. The Galaxy S10e has all kinds of unwelcome modifications to Android that Samsung does in their infinite wisdom, that are likely causing this. Of course, to switch to a new phone, one has to factory-reset the watch, so a factory reset doesn't seem appropriate here, as it's already running on a factory reset. However, when pairing it with the new phone, it did apply a big system update... so who knows what that broke.

Just adding my experience here too. There seems to be no way to block the voicemail notification, as the Galaxy Wearable app doesn't allow you to block notifications from "phone".

I haven't had any voicemails since I got the phone. My voicemail box is and always has been empty.

Archimedes
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
You can block notifications from your phone. Though this may be a system level app and/or may be arbitrarily excluded.

You can block notifications from appearing on your watch from within the Galaxy Wearable app.
0 Likes
usercszxr8xmOM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

When the notification pops up on your watch, there are 3 dots on the right. Hit the 3 dots and you should be able to choose to block voicemail notifications.  Hope that helps.

0 Likes
userM5MwQkwpFs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

My watch is doing the same thing. When I block voicemail notifications, it also blocks my phone notifications in general. This is crazy!

userJKE1OHv30e
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had the same issue but on my galaxy active 2, I would check my phone for any VM I might have missed but there was never anything there. I had that New VM notification for 3 months and it started to bother me. I was finally able to access those VMs. I went to the VM notification and clicked on the "check voicemail button". The watch will call what I'm assuming is my own phone number and to leave a VM but I opened up the key pad and pressed # then it asked for my pin and then I was able to access all these VM and deleted them all. Now I don't have that annoying notification on my watch anymore. I hope this helps!!!Smiley Happy

0 Likes
userfX72jFzkAM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have listened and deleted the voicemails. I backed up the watch, restored to factory and reinstalled. I've contacted T-Mobile twice and they too have verified voicemail was cleared. I've contacted Samsung twice and they too cannot resolve. 

0 Likes
user7EObpbiKMO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having the same issue. I've tried all steps, and nothing has resolved it. Clicking the three dots and "block notifications" should be enough to resolve this, but it does not work.

userTds2B5SzCk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue.  I'm beginning to think it is a T-Mobile problem.  Is anyone seeing this with any other carrier?  I also have the issue with LTE on the watch where every time the LTE kicks in it blasts me with every text message since the last time it went on LTE.  Annoying. 

user4y7IyUVCyN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I think you may be right I just switched to TMobile a couple months ago. I don't even have a VM set up but it still keeps showing up on my watch I got the 3 dots to block the notification on my watch and it comes right back. I'm using a s20. I went as far as to block VM's on my phone but it says I can't block VM notifications. 

0 Likes