JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to connect Galaxy watch 5 to Google Fit?

(Topic created: 02-02-2023 02:14 PM)
Ssewell
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

In the description of the Galaxy watch 5 you're able to connect to Google fit. Plus it has OS wear , but I can not get my watch to sync to oswear app and it's not accurate on the steps on the Google fit. What am I doing wrong ? It's bluetooth up with phone but it's not keeping up .

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. I can certainly understand your frustration with not being able to pair your watch to the wearOS app and I would be happy to assist you further. Your watch even though it has a wearOS software platform is paired with Samsung software as part of the collaboration. Your watch isn't going to be compatible with the WearOS app itself. The watch goes through the Galaxy wearables app. 

The Galaxy Watch4 and Galaxy Watch5 series are the perfect additions to your health and wellness routine. They’re compatible with Google Fit trackers, which allow you to track important physical information like heart rate while you’re working out. There are dozens of workout options to choose from, like biking, yoga, hiking, and even additional workouts like swimming and ice skating. You’ll also be able to monitor your breathing with guided exercises in the Breathe tracker, and check up on your personal goals with the Activity tracker. The Google Fit app can be accessed from your connected phone as well.

Note: Google Fit trackers must be downloaded from the Play Store. Google Fit and Samsung Health data cannot be synced, however the watch can still track data in both apps.

Caution: The information gathered from this device, Samsung Health, or related software is not intended to diagnose, cure, mitigate, treat, or prevent diseases or other conditions. Give this link a try for more information regarding the Google Fit app and the Samsung Galaxy watch 5: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00089202/

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. I can certainly understand your frustration with not being able to pair your watch to the wearOS app and I would be happy to assist you further. Your watch even though it has a wearOS software platform is paired with Samsung software as part of the collaboration. Your watch isn't going to be compatible with the WearOS app itself. The watch goes through the Galaxy wearables app. 

The Galaxy Watch4 and Galaxy Watch5 series are the perfect additions to your health and wellness routine. They’re compatible with Google Fit trackers, which allow you to track important physical information like heart rate while you’re working out. There are dozens of workout options to choose from, like biking, yoga, hiking, and even additional workouts like swimming and ice skating. You’ll also be able to monitor your breathing with guided exercises in the Breathe tracker, and check up on your personal goals with the Activity tracker. The Google Fit app can be accessed from your connected phone as well.

Note: Google Fit trackers must be downloaded from the Play Store. Google Fit and Samsung Health data cannot be synced, however the watch can still track data in both apps.

Caution: The information gathered from this device, Samsung Health, or related software is not intended to diagnose, cure, mitigate, treat, or prevent diseases or other conditions. Give this link a try for more information regarding the Google Fit app and the Samsung Galaxy watch 5: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00089202/

0 Likes