JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to stop watch talking during workouts?

(Topic created: 01-17-2021 08:26 AM)
KellyW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello! I have had this watch since August and I only recently started using it with Samsung health in January because I wanted to track my running miles for the year.  I teach fitness classes as well and use my phone for music, and bluetooth connect my phone to my gym's speakers.  Since I started using this app, 30 minutes into the cycling class ( I use exercise bike workout) the voice will come over the speaker system saying im 30 minutes in, my calorie burn, etc.  I can't seem to figure out how to stop this.  Ive turned off voice assistant on my phone and that didn't help. 

Any suggestions?? Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Give these steps a try on the watch: go to the Samsung Health app > tap on the workout you wanting to complete > tap on the 3 dots on the right side of the watch > and turn off coaching message

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

2 Replies
ZaCloud
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Wow and now this forum on the mobile app version ate my post instead of sending it! Samsung has gone down the tubes. 🤬

Trying again: On the home page of the Samsung Health app (at least on my phone this is how it is), click the Exercise menu, specifically the little list icon on the right side. On the list is a bunch of exercises. What you'll have to do is go through each and every one (or only starred ones? Or whatever ones your device thinks you're doing? I can't make any sense of it...) by clicking on the exercise. Then on the screen for selecting your Target/General Workout, look in the upper right-hand corner. To the right of Enter Data is a three-dot menu button. Click that, and you'll see Audio Guide. You can then turn that off (or change how often it talks, etc). You'll have to do that for every single exercise you don't want it bothering you about.

Why no global on/off setting or quiet hours? Because Samsung has apparently decided its mission is to be as annoying and non-functional as possible over the past few years. 😣

Anyway I hope that helps. And I hope I don't have to keep typing this out any more and it lets me actually submit my comment this time...

Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Give these steps a try on the watch: go to the Samsung Health app > tap on the workout you wanting to complete > tap on the 3 dots on the right side of the watch > and turn off coaching message

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.