Original topic:

Hr sensor light not turning off

(Topic created: 05-01-2019 01:15 PM)
louis_A_man
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi there,

Yesterday got a Galaxy Watch Active and the green heart rate sensor light on the back is always on (and flashing) and I am unable to turn it off, which is quite annoying as it is very bright and even sometimes visible from behind the watch in daylight and I'd definitely like the option of turning it off sometimes even if it means sacrificing some tracking features.

I've tried turning off automatic heart tracking and REM sleep tracking (which seen in other post is supposed to mean it turns off) and it stays on. When i take the watch off it turns off so it doesn't seem to be an issue with the proximity sensor. It also does turn off if I put the watch in power saver mode. 

Maybe it's some kind of software issue? It's got One UI version 1.0, Tizen version 4.0.0.3 and software version R500XXU1BSD3.

Thanks in advance to anyone who's giving this a look!

5 Replies
Solution
AD00G
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

@louis_A_man

Hi, 

sry for my English but I am not a native speaker so hope you will understand me... 

stop stress measuring please _only heart rate does not stop. you can keep REM on. but after switching  heart and stress off you have to optimize the accu. click on accu symbol there you can find this. after you should not have this problem anymore. 

Hope it helps.. . 

AD00

louis_A_man
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

that did it! Thank you so much, there's no longer a disco light on my wrist 

0 Likes
userb4n3v3Ge6I
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Sir Could you please let me know what is ACCU SYMBOL, I searched in my watch switched off HR and STRESS still I get the light on sporadically...unable to find this "accu" that you have mentioned! Many many thanks in advance!

IvanDuncan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ok mate, could you please tell us what means accu? The only thing in all watch functions where appear the "optimization" option is the battery,  (btw the one with "symbol") and this for sure don't solve the issue, at top, with luck turn off your green light just when you click, but it back to turn on automatically later.

* you can answer in your own native language, just tell us what is, so should be easier to try translate this word

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
usereFOe4NvnNY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I think by "accu" he meant the battery. As you noticed, there's an option to optimise battery usage in the batty settings section and you can activate it by switching the toggle button.

They explain activating the battery optimization is supposed to extend your battery life by preventing apps and watch faces from transferring data when not in use.

As he also commented, you may need to disable the heart rate monitor app and the stress monitor app or to set them to measure your heart rate less frequently. Then you activate the battery optimization. Hopefully, this will prevent the heart monitor sensor from being triggered constantly and without need. I'm not quite sure why you said it would go back to the automatic mode again. It's not supposed to.

Try to disable the heart monitor and the stress monitor or set them to lower frequency, go back to the home screen (on your watch) and then go back to the settings to see if the settings have been saved or not. If not, you may need to restart your watch before (and after) you change the heart monitor settings.

0 Likes