cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

no fall detection fornthe galaxy watch.

The fall detection was supposed to be downloaded to the galaxy watches February 2020.  Samsung...what is the hold up?  One of the reasons why I bought this watch and still behind Apple. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: no fall detection fornthe galaxy watch.

Samsung promises the world and many times, it doesn't deliver.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Yeah but there is also this little thing that happened, it's hard to miss... lots of things got delayed because of it.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Constellation

Has something happened?

So we all can close our questions...

Highlighted
Galaxy

Yeah, Samsung is working on new devices, don't have time to update the old ones, they're already bought.... no money there.

Highlighted
Galaxy

I agree with this, one of the main reasons that I considered the Active 2 was their promise of the EKG and Fall Protection, over the Apple Watch that I  currently have.  Fall protection, to me is important, as is the ability of the watch to make a phone call to emergency services when it's activated.  While I'm not clumsy, at my age (72) it's important for those "Help, I fallen, and can't get up" moments.

The EKG doesn't really mean anything to me, as I don't have AFIB, or any heart problems, it's just a "Hey Y'all, come see what my watch will do!" type of thing.

The EKG being delayed, I can understand, due to the necessity of having the various FDA type agencies around the work give approval, heck, Apple is still getting those in some parts of the world, but the Fall Detection doesn't require FDA approval, it's simply writing software that will detect a sudden swift motion with an abrupt soft, then branch to another routine.  IMHO there's no excuse for this not being added in at least in the first quarter of this year.  

This tardiness on Samsung's part, along with something I just discovered, that Samsung will only update their products for two iterations of Android, (Apple updates major updates for 5 years, and after that, you still get security updates), is giving Apple the wide margin as to which of these devices I keep.  I can't imagine paying $1200 US for a phone that will become obsolete, and not receive OS updates in two years.  

Highlighted
Constellation

I am very disappointed in Samsung. Not only have they failed to deliver promised features, they have failed to communicate about this.