Original topic:

trade-in fubar

(Topic created on: 3/3/21 7:59 PM)
user59mzGhrmDn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I sent a Galaxy S2 watch (in the original box with all accessories) to Samsung for a trade-in.  Samsung is denying that I sent a Galaxy watch to them.  What a crock of crap.  I take high offense of being accused of fraudulently sending something that was not per the agreement.  I am so frustrated that I am ready to be done with Samsung.  Being loyal to this company means nothing.
10 Replies
ducsurfer
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
isn that easy resolvable by tracking number?
0 Likes
user59mzGhrmDn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Samsung is implying that the trade-in that I sent was not a Galaxy watch
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

Maybe the controversy is that the watch you sent is a "Gear S2", while  what they expected (and you named it) "Galaxy Watch". The Gear S2 is an older model than the Galaxy Watch.

This is how I understand your description, anyway.

0 Likes
user59mzGhrmDn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Maybe, but one would think that it would be easy for Samsung to express that. Thank you for your perspective. :) I will be on the phone with them today requesting a refund and return authorization for their watch. This is not an issue of but but and issue of truth and integrity.
0 Likes
user59mzGhrmDn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
not an issue of money but truth and integrity...
0 Likes
user59mzGhrmDn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I was able to talk to a Samsung Rep. this morning and I am happy to report this issue has been resolved. I will still be cautious of Trade-In in the future.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@user59mzGhrmDn 

I would have probably reacted the same way.  I currently have a phone and a watch at Verizon for trade in, $950 promotional value.  I've never done this before so I am a little stressed about it.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
user59mzGhrmDn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I hope that it works out smoothly for you...
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@user59mzGhrmDn 

Thanks.  It didn't start out smoothly though.  i had removed my case and screen protector from my pristine Moto Z4 ($600 trade) and was wiping it down when it slipped out of my hands from a sitting position, hit the floor and cracked!  My heart was in my throat! The only saving grace was that I had a Moto Z3 that I was hoping to keep that was also eligible for the same $600 trade so I created a new shipping label and sent that one it.

But I was heartbroken, That was the first phone I have ever had crack!

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)