cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

update

Will the galaxy watch and the galaxy watch 2 active get the tizen 5.5 update when the 3 comes out? 
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: update

Good morning @Ashygyrl There's no official word on software updates for the Watch Active 2 yet. However you'll want to keep a lookout on Samsung's press release website for any announcements coming. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm kinda cusious about that as well. Plus I am curious to see whether the updates would even be useful for the first edition of the Galaxy Watch (Since the next iteration has new sensors so if all the updates are for the new sensors then it probably wouldn't even make sense).

I do have to assume that there will be battery tweaks to the next version - Galaxy 3 is 1MM smaller than the current versions and so that means a 1MM smaller battery and if Samsung wants to maintain the edges they have in battery life over the Apple Watch then they need to tweak the usage of the battery charge...

Highlighted
Asteroid

now since the watch 3 came out the active 2 got the update now will the 1st generation galaxy watch get the update also
Highlighted
Galaxy

I don't believe so, because the earlier watches didn't have the correct type of HR monitor.  As far as the full Tizen 5.5 update, I don't know.