JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch doesn't start / turn on

(Topic created: 12-11-2020 06:50 AM)
userkpRH3Mm8x5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I didn't use the watch for a couple of weeks and when I tried to use it again it was unresponsive. Even with full charging notjing happens.

Please do help me out!

thks

0 Likes
7 Replies
ZipperChef
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
https://www.smartwatchseries.com/how-to-reset-samsung-galaxy-watch-active-2-to-factory-settings/

There are some steps here on how to soft & hard reset the watch. Not sure if you can get it to boot at all, but if you can the hard reset may help. This does erase all from the watch so you'd want to make sure you had a backup beforehand. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
ZipperChef
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Something I found on the interwebs. I'd start here if it applies to you.

First though try to restart it. This is usually effective in fixing devices that got stuck. If your watch has frozen or has become unresponsive, this may help. Here’s how it’s done:
Start by unlocking your SAMSUNG Galaxy Watch Active. To do so, simply press the Home button at the bottom of the Watch face.
From the watch screen, press and hold the Home button until the Options menu appears.
From the Options menu, tap Power off.
The device will now turn off. To start your SAMSUNG Galaxy Watch Active again, press and hold the Power button until the watch logo appears
0 Likes
userkpRH3Mm8x5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

thks for the tips but unfortunately I can't even turn on the watch! any hint?

0 Likes
ZipperChef
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Beyond that I'm at a loss. Maybe someone else will see this and can help you out. Good luck.
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out. Are you able to reboot into the recovery menu? You can do this by doing the following.

1. Turn off your watch by pressing and holding the Home key until "Rebooting" displays at the bottom of the watch's display.

2. Quickly press the Home key repeatedly until the REBOOT MODE menu is displayed.

3. Press the Home key multiple times until Recovery is selected.

4. Press and hold the Home key and keep holding it until "Rebooting" displays at the bottom of the watch face.

If you stay idle while on the Reboot menu, the watch will start up normally.

Let me know if this helps!

0 Likes
Sheeshkibob
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userkpRH3Mm8x5 wrote:

I didn't use the watch for a couple of weeks and when I tried to use it again it was unresponsive. Even with full charging notjing happens.

Please do help me out!

thks

join the club, many are facing these issues for a month now and no proper solution from samsung. Watches are being bricked by some software glitch .

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

If your watch's battery is completely discharged, it will not power on. You'll need to charge it before turning it on. If the watch will not power on or if it doesn't seem to charge, the problem could be anything from the battery, connection, the charger, or the watch itself. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003100/

If you are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend a service repair. Can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.