Original topic:

watch3

(Topic created on: 3/13/21 6:41 AM)
user6852
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm not tech ignorant, but yesterday when I received my Watch3 it took so many updates to get all the promised features on the watch. I even had to confer with an online rep. This product should be ready to go first thing out of the box. Having said that, I think I will like having it.
5 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

You absolutely will enjoy the Watch 3.

As for being ready out of the box, just like your phone, the firmware version loaded on the device is dated sometime back in manufacture.  In today's world of apps and features being updated almost daily, it would be impossible for the device to be up to date when you open the box.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
user6852
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
OK, if that is the case, an insert should be placed in the packaging explaining this, so consumers at all levels of tech experience will be aware of what it might take to get their product up and running at full speed.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm curious to understand what you ran into as I've personally not heard this complaint and all 4 of my Samsung watches took just minutes to set themselves up.

Are you talking about customizing the watch with apps? 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
user6852
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Specifically the ECG, which was what inspired me to get this watch. It was difficult to find the Samsung Health Monitor app. Even the online rep didn't think it was a separate app from the Samsung Health app. I feel that if this feature is a promoted one, it should be on the watch as purchased. It's just that it is a poor first impression of the product when the customer has to spend hours and reach out for customer support to get the product to be as advertised. But day one of wearing the watch was a good experience, so I'm done ragging about the set up. Thanks.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

:)

Bill
---
0 Likes