Original topic:

Where are the apps?

(Topic created: 07-07-2022 11:03 PM)
user2R85PyvwSY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just purchase a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 classic because the battery on my Gear S3 wasn't holding a charge and I couldn't find a service center that would replace it. I had so many nice apps on my Gear S3: games for the grandchildren, a multi timer kitchen timer widget, app launcher widgets, multiple alarm widgets. Where is the nice stuff for the Galaxy Watch 4? Lots of stuff if all I want to do is keep fit, but absolutely nothing else I want. I really wanted to be excited about a new watch, but I miss my Gear S3!

-Warren

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Justjustin79
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Have you looked in the Samsung galaxy store app on your phone?? There should bean icon specifically for your watch and watch related faces and apps alike. Either that or search you playstore: search; watch>apps>(name of desired app)
user2R85PyvwSY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have looked in the galaxy store, and google play. Even done a google search for galaxy 4 apps to see what's available. I'm not impressed. I can't find any replacements for what I liked on my Gear S3. I've seen the recommendations for the best apps on the Galaxy 4. I'm sure lots of people like the suggestions; I don't. Instagram? I don't use it. Spotify? If I listened to music besides the playlist on my iPod, I'd listen on my phone which has much better sound quality than a watch.

It's a watch. I want nice juicy apps that do what a watch does, like the multi timer widget I had on my Gear 3 that allowed me to set an alarm for the boiling pasta at the same time as an alarm for the cookies in the oven. I'd like to be able to have more than 1 alarm widget (aka Tile), for the few daily alarms I set. And the kids used to sit on my lap and play games on my watch. It's true that they're 11 years old now and they have their own phones, but they still like to grab my arm and sneak in a game of tic tac toe, rolling hams, fruit slice.

I know where to look for apps. I'm not looking for technical help. I'm griping about the paucity of good stuff available for my new shiny watch!

07thking
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I felt the same way, but I was lucky to find the most important apps I used on my original Galaxy Watch. I lost games I bought as well. Hopefully more apps will be available soon.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.