cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goldiilocss
Asteroid

wheres active 2 LTE and why a big price jump from bluetooth version????

why isnt the active 2 LTE available for purchase? and why is there such a big price difference from the bluetooth version? the galaxy watch price difference is $50 but the active 2 price difference is $150!!! that doesnt even make sense Screenshot_20191017-150710_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191017-150645_Chrome.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Ezra_Hagar16
Astronaut

Re: wheres active 2 LTE and why a big price jump from bluetooth version????

Why buy the LTE version anyway I have the Galaxy watch active 1st Gen since June and I love it.. it stays connected with my Galaxy s10e never any trouble.

goldiilocss
Asteroid

@Ezra_Hagar16 

I prefer having the option to leave my phone and stay connected. 

Ejm5560
Galaxy

It's also stainless steal with the LTE version... so price increase for better material.

goldiilocss
Asteroid

that I could see being the reason. why even make one stainless steel thoug . they didnt do that with the galaxy watch 

@Ejm5560 

Honored Contributor

@goldiilocss 

Interesting...the price is usually as you say $50 difference, but not more than that.  Have you checked carrier's websites to see for how much they are selling the watch, so you could compare?

userTq1sado2jD
Constellation

the way I see it is LTE capability and material difference (aluminum and stainless)

Ejm5560
Galaxy

Things are changing some people dont like the aluminum model and have been asking for stainless steel like apple does. So now we have it. Theres the option now.

userCgsMRgC5nK
Constellation

It's absolutely ridiculous that the LTE version is "sold out" and not even available for purchase on backorder. I read somewhere that the Active 2 Watch came out only 6 months after the original Active Watch. So how long do they expect us to wait to order the LTE version of the Active 2 knowing that an upgrade may be in the near future. I have the original Galaxy Watch and I was going to purchase the LTE Active 2. The longer they wait to make it available the more likely I'm inclined just to wait and see what they do with a Galaxy Watch 2.

goldiilocss
Asteroid

@userCgsMRgC5nK 

that's a really good point. I have the galaxy watch LTE also. i wanted the active 2 LTE because it's not as heavy. I like being able to leave my phone and still stay connected but LTE does drain the battery significantly . my galaxy watch dies in 5 hours. I took the LTE off for now but I'd like to see if I only use it when I need it and stay on bluetooth when I dont, if that will preserve the battery. and maybe be better on the active 2. but I cant find it anywhere. i tried getting it from tmobile.