cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userg7VppYkXkg
Asteroid

wireless earbud connectivity

I just bought the 42mm samsung galaxy 4G LTE rose gold watch. Carrier is Verizon. I bought this mainly to go for walks without having to carry my phone with me. I have 2 pair of wireless bluetooth earbuds that I normally used with my phone....with no issues. With the watch, as soon as I bring my arm down by my side, as in normal walking mode, the earbuds start to cut out. It gets better as I walk and swing my arms more(the closer my wrist comes up toward my ears), but it will still cut out, making it sound like my tracks are skipping. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? The 2 pair of buds are not the same brand and bought at least a year apart. They are not expensive buds. around $20 each. Is this a problem with the watch?

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: wireless earbud connectivity

Have you tried unpairing and repairing the earbuds to the watch? Do the earbuds still cut out if you are standing still?

userg7VppYkXkg
Asteroid

Hi, I have unpaired and repaired, same thing happens. It doesn't matter if I'm standing still or not. Even happened when I was sitting and moved my arm to my side

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Try resetting the buds and see if that helps. What kind of buds are you trying to use? Does this happen when connected to your phone?

userg7VppYkXkg
Asteroid

I have also restarted the bus.  They are both wireless bluetooth. No issues with my phone

@SamsungJoJo wrote:

Try resetting the buds and see if that helps. What kind of buds are you trying to use? Does this happen when connected to your phone?

userg7VppYkXkg
Asteroid

after doing some online searching, this seems to be a problem with wireless earbuds in general. Not so much when indoors or not moving a lot, but when outside and/or exercising. Apparently, even your own head can cause interference between the 2 buds while moving. Not sure what to do now as the main reason I got this watch(LTE) was to be able to exercise while listening to music. This never happened with my phone, but carrying a phone around was a pain in the but. Plus, not all of my workout gear had pockets. I guess it would have been cheaper to just buy $400 worth of new clothes than to spend it on a watch that I'd have to hold close to my head. Not sure if it's BT earbud technology that's the problem or BT technology on the watch. For now, I am less than impressed with this Galaxy watch and I'm loath to know that if I return it, I will have to spend $50 for a restocking fee. So basically, rented the watch for 2 weeks for $50