JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

FIXED - Flip 4 hinge popped out

(Topic created: 10-24-2022 08:43 AM)
SSchulte
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Pheww! I took my Galaxy flip 4 with the popped hinge to UbreakIFix AKA Asurion and after a few days of back and forth with Samsung regarding the warranty, the awesome techs at  Asurion ended up swapping out the whole aluminum frame, as there was no way to just pop the hinge back in.  Thanks to the Samsung_Moderator for providing the relevant info for creating a repair ticket!

While Samsung was hesitant to authorize the repair, I am grateful to the Asurion techs who made a point to tell the Samsung reps, that other than the popped hinge "there are absolutely no visible signs of damage and there is not even a single scratch on the device."

I will take this as a lesson learned and move on! Hopefully this device will remain intact for years to come or at least until 5G get phased out. 

3 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

We are absolutely thrilled that you were able to get this fixed.  If any issues arise in the future, don't hesitate to reach out to us here 🙂

MikeTttt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I need to fix it for my sister but they won't listen
userHlknx9WHIa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I just sent my Z Flip 4 (3 months old) for the same issue.  Samsung has the phone and said they will contact me to let me know if the this is a Samsung warranty repair or if I need to have it serviced through Samsung Care+ coverage.